Toledo Rockets Coach Tim Beckman hired as new Head Coach of Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toledo Rockets Coach Tim Beckman hired as new Head Coach of Illinois

I watched the press conference and came away really liking what I heard.

This is a man that knows football been in it his whole life. The passion he displayed was toned down at the podium compared to a game situation.

He looks like a perfect leader that will make Illinois a better football team, both on and off the field.

I am all on board with this hard core coach and with the energy that he brings, seems like a breath of fresh air.

Look out Big 10. Illinois is about to unleash a Toledo style of offense on you, high scoring and they have the players to do just that under Coach Beckman's call.

There is a sliver of hope that Beckman retains Koenning as the DC, The new Coach seems like a guy that cleans house and brings his A-team with him.

Well I would like to remind the new Head Coach that we also had a A-team coach ranked 7th in the nation on defense and there is no one on your past coaching staff that can replicate that number.

KEEP VIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdQLv...ayer_embedded#!

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
      8 penalties for 81 yards and 2 turnovers, this is just a badly coached team, Beckman sucks as a coach
      Wow, jumped off that bandwagon pretty quick!

Comment

Go pound sand with that post Taxman.

I call it the way I see it and if it seems to you the time is right to drag me into the dirt for speaking my mind 9 months ago then I do not know what to say to you.

Perhaps I could keep a diary in my mind on everything you have ever said wrong and throw back up in to a thread 10 months later, very un class like Tax Man.

Sure coming off a bye week and healthy I expected this team to play better and they did not, The problem is not with the team it is with the coaches.

Comment

Also if you notice in my post Tax Man about this new hire Beckman the key was to keep coach Vic on defense. Illinois did not and that was a key to some what of a smooth transition for this coach.

No band wagon here. But just how can a coach inherit a top 7 defense and turn it into garbage, at the same time on offense throw that ball at least once for a try of 30 yards or more in a game?

This Illinois team is broken it shows from the water boy on up.

Comment

Carpet, you took my post WAY out of context.

I am just trying to understand what was going on?

I NEVER EVER try to offend anyone on this site. I am trying to open up a discussion. That's all. I am not trying to belittle you or anything.

If he was a perfect leader, this team would not turn to garbage in 7 games!

I read a very damning article last week in a Chicago newspaper that had grumblings stating that Beckham was in over his head and some high end donors were calling for the AD's scalp as well.

I am very sorry I offended you as that was not my intent.

I am a Big Ten fan and I am deeply disappointed with how this conference has turned to shit for football.

Basketball starts in a couple of weeks, turn the page quick!
            Last edited by Taxman; 10-27-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I understand you also are seeking answers on what is wrong with Illinois football,

But for you to repost a thread from 10 months ago seems a bit over the top to illustrate your point. (which I am not sure what your point was).

Comment

Working...
              X