World Series - Game 1 Zito vs Verlander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series - Game 1 Zito vs Verlander

Surprised there is no talk about this game.
    Some stats I found while Googling,
    1. San Francisco has won Zito's last 13 starts dating back to Aug. 7. Zito hasn't suffered a loss since Aug. 2, winning his last five regular-season starts and seven decisions of the regular season.
    2. The Tigers finished 14 games above .500 this season, but went just 26-25 against left-handed starting pitchers this year, compared to 62-49 against right-handers. They batted 22 points lower against left-handers (.253) than righties (.275).
    3. Over the last four World Series, American League teams have gone 3-9 overall in National League ballparks.
    4. Detroit's pitching staff has struck out 10-plus batters in six games this postseason -- tied for the third-most in baseball history.
    5. The Giants' bullpen (consisting primarily of Jeremy Affeldt, Santiago Casilla, Javier Lopez and Romo) has a 2.42 ERA this postseason (12 earned runs in 42 innings). Romo has been lights-out, surrendering just one earned run (1.17 ERA) and four hits with four strikeouts in 7 2/3 innings.
    6. Verlander is 3-0 with a 0.74 ERA in 3 playoff starts this year. During the regular season Verlander was far better at home (1.65 ERA) than on the road (3.57).
    Zito was 7-0 with a 3.92 ERA over his final 11 starts - all San Francisco wins - and is 1-0 with a 1.74 ERA in the playoffs this year.

Detroit is a -167 favorite with a 6.5 run total set for this game. On paper it looks like a low scoring game with the way the 2 pitchers have been going and with Detroit not hitting as well against lefties. A good bet looks like San Francisco +1.5 runs at -115 odds which is the bet I am choosing. I would also lean under 6.5 runs, although Detroit's bullpen is a little scary. If you take the under hopefully Verlander can go deep into the game.
    Good luck!

I finally snapped out of my depression from the cards choking to lose 3 straight but I also played that run line. Seemed like a solid bet. Wish I would have played ml too!

I will be chiming in on the other games but still had a bad taste in my mouth up until the game started today!!

Good info!

Comment

Working...
    X