Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 8

11-6 last week on posted plays
    55-50.5-2 for the season on posted plays. (52%)
    17-18 Mock Hilton (49%)
    37-33 Carib Contest (53%)
    3-3-1 BW GOW Contest (50%)

Tampa Bay over 41. (Bought a half point earlier in the week.)

Teaser: Tampa Bay +13 and over 35

GL

2-0 on the night. Josh Freeman stayed hot as expected. Great big WRs if not fast ones in Williams and Jackson. Doug Martin the real deal. Aggressive Defense. Schiano will have this team playing hard every week.

Comment

Good job. I totally screwed the pooch on that one.

Comment

Bears -7 (bought the hook.) 2 units. Panthers morale in the tank. Bears D will have Cam on the run. Cutler and Forte will carve up a weak Panther D.
        Falcons +3. Falcons D should get after Vick as his OL is bad. But Falcons won't get much on the Eagles D either. Close game. Give me the +3.
        Lions -2.5. Seahawks too conservative with Wilson. Lions Run D can stop Lynch.
        Chiefs -1 Just run the ball! Off the bye and do or die.
        Chargers -2.5 Bounce back for Rivers vs weak Browns DBs.
        Giants -1 Revenge for opening day if Giants D comes to play and contains Romo's scrambles. Murray out is big. LB Lee and G Costa also out and Ware has had the flu.

Two Hedge plays with a line difference between Books.
        Titans if -3 -115 (3 units)
        Colts +3.5 -110 (2 units) Hasselback looking good, although I am concerned about Titan D and injuries.
        Redskins/Steelers over 44 (2 units)
        Redskins/Steelers under 46 (1 unit)

Teasers
        Pats -1 and Bears -1.5 (2 units) Just win!
        Bears -1.5 and Atlanta +8.5 (2 units)
        Redskins +10.5 and Broncos even (2 units)

MNF
        SF/AZ under 38 More conservative play calling for both teams. Both Ds should dominate the other's O.

GL!
        Last edited by widestrides; 10-28-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Added one more hedge play:

Chargers -2.5 -120 and Browns +3 -115

Comment

Added SD 2H -1.5

Comment

Ouch! 9-14 so far. Two 2-unit Teasers blown up by half point on Bears missed two point conversion.

Comment

Ugh! 10-16. Time to scale back the plays and the Teasers. I had not lost a Teaser until losing 3 today - at Double units! Figures.

Comment

I have readt that the MNF total is on the rise and may hit 39 before kick off.

I like AZ +14/Under 45.5 for a fun SMALL teaser tonight on the game. Althought I alos feel that SF may come out and blow them away after the way they looked last Thursday night.

Comment

I played the same teaser last night. Was tempted to go with SF but ARI hasn't lost a game by more than this and being a divisional match-up it could be very defensive like last week SF/SEA. The Cards have pulled off some improbable upsets so thinking there's a chance to do it again. ARI totals have been 36, 38, 33, 45, 20, 35 and 35, with the 45 being an OT game, and they haven't given up more than 21 pts in a game yet. I've been on a slide for the past week but hit last night's game so maybe it's time to get back on track. Good luck!

Comment

Missed a push by 1 yd. Well at least I went 19-3 in my fantasy football leagues this week and I have a case of JubelAle at my disposal
                      Last edited by dragon1952; 10-29-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Hit the Niners under 38. Cardinals OL pretty bad. I was counting on Harbaugh taking his foot off the pedal and sitting on it. He and his brother and Mike Tomlin are good under coaches. Although a close game will cause any coach to keep playing.

Started off the week 2-0 and ended 1-0, but in between not so good.

12-16 on the week, but hit my College Upset of the Week, my College and NFL GOW and went another 6-4 in the Carib Contest. Contest standings improved, but cash in pocket a bit lighter.

Back at it next week. I don't want anything to do with the Thursday Night Crummy Game of the Week between SD and KC.

Stay safe from the Storm.
                        Last edited by widestrides; 11-01-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X