College Football plays and Discussion thread 11-10-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football plays and Discussion thread 11-10-2012

I have been looking at the some early games here are a few that jump off the Carpet.

OK State - 7.5 at home vs West Virginia: WV has no defense and they will have no answer for this high octane offense of the Cowboys. This line looks low to me.

OK State by 20

ND -19.0 at Boston College: I am not sold on the gold helmets from South Bend, every year just about the time all the leaves have fallen off the trees they choke. Last week the Irish should of lost vs that feisty Pitt team.

Boston College has always been a thorn in the side team for the Irish, for some unknown reason to man BC always plays ND tough. I went back and looked at the last 10 years head to head and ND has not beat Boston College by more than 19 ever.

The largest margin was 18 points ND 31-13 in 2010. I have to take the points and Boston College at home.

ND 24-21 in OT

Louisiana Tech -20 at Texas State: Have you looked at the numbers LTech is putting up?

LTech 52.4 points a game average. This team can really move the ball on offense 570 total yards a game. My god that is a boat load. They do it by air 331.0 yards per game and compliment that with a running game of 239 yards a game on the ground.

Texas State is allowing 31 pts a game on defense and you could bet the farm that LTech will score every bit of that.

LTech 63 Texas State 24

I think both Georgia and Vandy win in the SEC...

Comment

Illinois + 3 at Home vs Minnesota in the who cares game.

A NOTE TO ILLINOIS:

Oh no you don't Illinois not this time I am not biting on the 3 points you are offering. Sure the gophers are not the power house Indiana was and we all saw how that played out.

You are ranked # 110 in passing, # 117 in points for and dead last in special teams. Have you fixed that in a week? My guess is not a chance for improvement for this game.

Illinois loses LB Jonathan Brown for this game, Illinois leading tackler as the injuries keep piling up. Freshman Svetina will fill in for brown, he practiced his first play from the Line Backer position today. You can bet coach Jerry Kill of MN has that all dialed in.

MN also has Coach Jerry Kill and he will out game plan Beckman. Watch and you will see that Kill will make adjustments through out the game, Beckman can't.

I do not see Illinois winning another game this year.

Comment

You have a good point Carpet ND usually does have problems with BC.
        I made the number 19 on the game also, but oh my BC looks so non-
        competitive this year. I think they may be two Catholic Schools who don't
        want to beat the Hell out of each other, LOL enjoy the game, one to watch
        for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
          Illinois + 3 at Home vs Minnesota in the who cares game.

A NOTE TO ILLINOIS:

Oh no you don't Illinois not this time I am not biting on the 3 points you are offering. Sure the gophers are not the power house Indiana was and we all saw how that played out.

You are ranked # 110 in passing, # 117 in points for and dead last in special teams. Have you fixed that in a week? My guess is not a chance for improvement for this game.

Illinois loses LB Jonathan Brown for this game, Illinois leading tackler as the injuries keep piling up. Freshman Svetina will fill in for brown, he practiced his first play from the Line Backer position today. You can bet coach Jerry Kill of MN has that all dialed in.

MN also has Coach Jerry Kill and he will out game plan Beckman. Watch and you will see that Kill will make adjustments through out the game, Beckman can't.

I do not see Illinois winning another game this year.
          Illinois lost again as predicted

Comment

[QUOTE=Carpet;185020]I have been looking at the some early games here are a few that jump off the Carpet.

OK State by 20

OK State 55-34 by 21

Comment

Working...
            X