Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oregon Ducks (9-0) @ California Bears (3-7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Ducks (9-0) @ California Bears (3-7)

Current line
    Oregon -30.5 O/U 67.5

This Cal Bear team is a mess right now. They were already missing star WR Keenan Allen and some defensive starters now QB Zach Maynard will miss this game as well as one of Allen's replacements WR Bryce Treggs, OL Matt Summers-Gavin is doubtful, DT Mustafa Jalil is out, and the Bears will go with QB Allan Bridgford who has completed just 4-of-16 passes this season. Since losing to Stanford in their huge seasonal rivalry the Bears are now 0-3 in their last 3 games and have no chance at a bowl game. I'm just not sure they have enough left to even want to take down the undefeated Ducks. Maybe they come out fired up on defense but they just don't have the guys on offense to compete. I think once they are down it will be all over and I think they may be lucky to score 13 pts even if the Ducks ease up in the 2nd H. I don't see the Ducks having a letdown after USC because they were favored to win that game anyway. They've scored 70 and 62 pts the past 2 weeks and I see more of the same against a dejected Cal team. I'm taking the Ducks in a rout.
    Ducks 58
    Cal 13

No disrespect intended but I think that this is going to be a very close game.. No rhyme or reason just my gut.. No matter, I won't wager much either way but leaning toward Cal and the points for a token wager.

Good luck Dragon..

Comment

Well considering that the 11 pt victory over USC last week was the closest game by 6 pts over the next closest that they've had so far I would tend to disagree that it will be 'very close', but in your favor only 4 of their wins have been by 31 or more so there is certainly a precedence. The fact that Alabama lost should be a huge boost for their motivation. This one will get ugly very fast I'm afraid as Cal has absolutely nothing to play for. Good luck to you also, my friend.

Comment

The more I drink....I mean think....about it, the more I like this match-up. Please don't blow your money betting against the Ducks.

Comment

I watched Cal last week vs Washington and they were getting decimated by injuries and gassed and demoralized. They will be so out-manned and unable to stay with Oregon's speed and depth that this could get ugly fast. I went Oregon -20 1H, just in case the Ducks call off the dogs in the 2H, but now I think I might regret that. Maybe Cal will show some heart and stay with them for a quarter or two. But, no brother Maynard and Allen and a host of significant injuries does not bode well.

My Ducks can win out and get to the NC game now that the Evil Sabin and Bama have been vanquished. :-)

GL

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
            The more I drink....I mean think....about it, the more I like this match-up. Please don't blow your money betting against the Ducks.
            LOL I understand big guy and no worries.. I did wager on Cal but it is okay either way.. I like the Ducks and I believe this is the best defense they have had in quite some time.. They are fun to watch for sure... Good luck and I know Widestrides is a Duck fan.. So good luck to you both...

Comment

Nice call Dragon... I was wrong and other than losing ground on my fellow sports-bettors brothers I wouldn't mind at all.lol Bottom line it is all good and I keep moving up but so do they.. Hell, this is fun either way..

Comment

Well, I guess I started drinking too early today (understatement of the year).....had 3 or 4....maybe 5... strong beers starting around 2:30 and then switched to Cuervo Black and Coke. I got pissed off about something in the 1st Q.....can't even remember what.....cussed, slammed the door and climbed in bed to sulk (what I usually do if I'm about to lose big)....and woke up around 1:45 AM to find my betting account tripled. I hit four 3-team parlays that had Oregon on them plus a straight bet and didn't even watch the freakin' game

Comment

I also hit the sack at HT thinking the ducks were toast. pleasant scoreboard surprise this morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X