Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oregon Ducks (10-0) vs Stanford Cardinal (8-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Ducks (10-0) vs Stanford Cardinal (8-2)

OK....I live on the Oregon coast and the Ducks are my team so I may be a little biased. I picked them over Cal last week in a rout and they came alive in the 2nd H to cover easily. Another poster thought that might be a close game and it was for a half, but if any game this year was destined to be close (besides the USC game which Oregon won by 10 and covered) it would likely be this one. Stanford has the best defense in the PAC-12 this year but if you look at their schedule the only really explosive offense they've faced was Arizona who scored 48 on them. Stanford does not have that great of an offense. The only teams they scored against have terrible defenses.....Duke, Colorado and Arizona. The other 7 games the highest score was 27 vs Oregon St last week. The other 6 were all 24 or less which ain't going to make it against an Oregon team playing at home where they have averaged 55.5 ppg this year.....and that's with laying off the 2nd H of several games. And Oregon will not let up in this game now that the national championship is within reach. The line opened at -21.5 and is currently down to -19.5. It may have to do with the weather, which is liable to be wet, and it may have to do with the perception that the Stanford defense can somewhat contain them. But in my mind -19.5 is a gift considering the Ducks offensive output this year. Stanford has a lot to play for because if they win out they could actually beat Oregon out of the PAC-12 North title. But as I said, I doubt if their offense can keep up in this game.
    My best guess,
    Oregon 51
    Stanford 24

EDIT: Just a side note....Oregon beat the Andrew Luck-led Cardinal last year down in Palo Alto by a score of 53-30.
    Another side note: Despite Stanford being considered the best defense in the PAC-12 the Oregon defense is actually quite under-rated having only given up an average of 4 more ppg than Stanford.....and that's with their opponents having to play from behind and Oregon occassionally letting up.

EDIT: Down to -18.5
    Last edited by dragon1952; 11-17-2012, 06:31 PM.

I played small value parlay on stan/under figuring if they can keep it that close it wont be a shootout....so far so good.... scoreless after each team had a possession

Comment

Well I made a fool of myself thinking the Ducks were for real a couple of years ago against Auburn. After picking them to win last night, I thought it through and realized I was falling into the same trap. I bet Stanford hard tonight and made that pick on sports-bettors. Maybe I lose but I just can't believe in the ducks ever.. I have no problem if I lose but the Ducks must prove to me that they are not the same team that made me a fool two years back..

Good luck which every way it works out guys..

Comment

I also wagered against KS and the Sooners.. We will see I guess..

Comment

Good pick....I'm really shocked at how conservatively Chip Kelley called this game.

Comment

I love when a theory plays out.....feel bad for the quack attack though, been very enjoyable watching them this season. this loss probably saves them some BCS title game embarrassment though.

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
              I love when a theory plays out.....feel bad for the quack attack though, been very enjoyable watching them this season. this loss probably saves them some BCS title game embarrassment though.
              That is Oregon in a nutshell very fun too watch but they never seem to break through.. I have been on them several times only to cuss and go ape shit.. They have disappointed me time and time again. Glad I changed my mind and went against them. I agree they are a fun team to watch until the beat your balls off..

Good luck everyone!!

Comment

Same story with my Ducks - their OL gets whipped by a big and strong DL. And Mariota was harassed and flushed every time he went to pass. Stanford's D won this game. Congrats to them.

Kelley wasn't conservative. Nothing was working - run or pass, flairs, screens, fly patterns. Stanford just smashed through everything and played downhill all night.

Wasn't meant to be. Did you see how that fumble slipped back to Stanford?! Wow.

If Barkley can play, USC may take down Notre Dame next week and then what? I'm okay with anybody but Bama winning it all.

Comment

Sorry WS..

I know your a loyal Duck fan but man how do they keep doing this?

Comment

They tried to beef up the OL with recruiting, but still not enough Hogs yet!

I didn't think the Stanford D was that good - and fast!

Comment

Working...
                    X