Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MNF: Chicago Bears (7-2) @ San Francisco 49ers (6-2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF: Chicago Bears (7-2) @ San Francisco 49ers (6-2-1)

I am sure you all know about the concussion bowl.

But the Bears have a hell of time playing in SF.

The Bears are 0-7 SU/ATS L10 and are 1-9 SU since 81 and 1-10 ATS since 79.

Yes, these are just trends and the game will be played on the field, but something else to ponder.

In addition, the Bears have struggled offensively once they lost Alshon Jeffery (WR) to injury, he is expected to return this week. Alshon gave a balance with Marshall. Now, stuff 7 or 8 in the box to take away Forte and double team Marshall and you should shut the Bears down.

Furthermore, the 49ers defense has with speed and talent. That's a bad matchup for backup QB Jason Campbell and a Bears offense that will struggle to move the ball.

Both teams give up a lot of sacks (29 given up by SF, 28 by Chicago).

If you loved the Sunday Night football between Baltimore and Pittsburgh, you'll love this game!

SF 17
    CHI 6

I think this could be a similar outcome to Bal/Pit. A lot of people thought Baltimore would cover based on the fact that Pittsburgh had to rely on Leftwich but the Steeler defense kept them in it. Chicago has the defense to do the same and they are getting double the points. Chicago is giving up an average of just 14.7 ppg. I really like Chicago plus the TD.
    Last edited by dragon1952; 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM.

Comment

10-6

Comment

I am hoping I can get 7 and I will take the Bears. I don't think Campbell is a huge downgrade from Cutler myself if the Bears gameplan around him. He may take care of the ball better that JC.

Campbell may be starting on some teams right now and is capable of winning a game.

I say niners by 3.

Comment

Line down to 5 now. Alex smith prob won't play. Should have grabbed the 6.5 earlier!

Sf back up I'd decent too.

Total is down to 35.

Comment

Im not putting 2 cents on Jason Cambell he couldn't keep a job with the Raiders and didn't like him with Washington. Hope the line goes down more but I doubt it. With backup San Fran is in good shape the kid has good wheels and home field crowd I look for him to shine tonight.

Comment

I got Chi +7 on a straight bet and Chi +14/UN 43.5 on a 7 pt teaser last night. Looking like really good value now as it's currently down to +3.5 (-115) and 34.5. Go Bears!
              BTW, I'm betting more on the Chicago defense to keep this close, not on Jason Campbell. He's got to do at least as well as Leftwich last night.
              Last edited by dragon1952; 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I have decided to tease San Fran to +4 with some thanksgiving action with the skins to +10.5 and pats to +1.5.
                I flipped flopped after line went down.
                Under seems obvious too but scared to bet it when it looks that way at 35.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                  Under seems obvious too but scared to bet it when it looks that way at 35.
                  Woodee, I am hearing that from a lot of my friends who live outside Chicago. They are saying is "the under that much of a lock?"

The Bears O was struggling before Cutler got hurt. Also, the Bears were playing against weak D's and the D and special teams were scoring TDs as well.

Look at the stats, both Chicago and SF are 1 and 2 in scoring defense. SF is #2 in yards/game defense while Chicago is #5.

I was projecting O/U @ 38 last week before both QBs were knocked out. Yes, I'm losing a FG, but 35 is damn solid.

This game should mirror last night's game. If someone should score a TD early, you can jump on the under with 'live' betting as well.

As a matter of fact, I caught U48.5 last night after it was 7-3 midway in the 1st and then U44.5 after the 1st Q. There were only 6 points scored in the final 45 minutes of the game.

Both teams are going to be challenged to score. IMO, I believe the Bears are going to have a difficult time with Kapernick's scrambling ability. I'm still sticking with 17-6 Niners.

I need to find an online prop with over 3.5 FG attempted or made.

This game has got to be driving the Vegas books nuts. And killing them by not having the MNF parlay cards!
                  Last edited by Taxman; 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Aside to Taxman: The South Point (Vegas) and the Primm Valley Resort (Stateline) both had MNF Parlay cards when I left town on Friday......They may have declared them null and void once the status of both starting QB's was made official, but I believe they would have to honor any plays made before this.........The only rules that state otherwise is that the game has to be played and go at least 55 minutes....With each team having to use the backups, the playing field is still pretty even......JMO.
                    ;)

Comment

I just played a Good prop bet at bovada. Campbell under 200.5 passing yards. Even some of the good guys had under that yesterday against bad defenses. Paid -125 on it but still solid I think. Plus has to be a run heavy gameplan I would think?

Usually on these I am dead wrong tho.
                      Last edited by woodee12; 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Another one I looked at is total sacks. 5. Over??

Comment

SIA has Campbell at 205.5 now. I don;t have an account there. Another book is 200.5 at -150 Under.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                            SIA has Campbell at 205.5 now. I don;t have an account there. Another book is 200.5 at -150 Under.
                            I think the best prop on the board is Akers total points 7 OVER. I can see 3 FGs

Comment

Usually they have an O/U on total punts by both teams but not on this one. That should be a clue right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X