College Hoops--Iowa vs. Western Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops--Iowa vs. Western Kentucky

Line is dropping but opened at +7 which I grabbed. Game is being played in Cancun.

WKU is a solid team that should win the SunBelt. Iowa has not been tested yet, and this is their true first game in my opinion and first road game.

Garner-Web almost beat Iowa Saturday night. Iowa is a good team, and will have good value later in the year, but I cannot see them beating WK by more than 7 and actually has a shot to lose outright.

Western Kentucky + 6.5 as the line stands now.

A couple others I am hitting early before the lines move---

Columbia +10 over Nova---Really like this one. Columbia is the Ivy league fav this year and has 5 returning starters. Too many points here as this one is close as Nova is not that good this year again. Has tthis game circled for a while.

SIU-Edwardsville -1 over SIU---SIU is rebuilding and edwardsville is at home and has a good team won with last week. Smaller name in SI bit edwrdsville should win this one at home.

Comment

Here are a couple I like:

Going down the very obscure path of handicapping:

Gardner Webb -6.5 over Howard:
      This is from an article I read online:
      Gardner- Webb's win over DePaul and strong performance versus Iowa is that the team was without two starters, Mike Byron and Tashan Newsome, for the both games. Furthermore, Howard lost to a D II team and were blown out in their other 2 games.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/20...#storylink=cpy

U147.5 DePaul/Wichita State: Shockers have a great D. Way too many points here if the Shockers are able to control the tempo of the game and slow it down.

Comment

Gardner Webb wins by 12 and covers. I enjoy playing the really small conferences, can get very good lines.

Comment

Great call Taxman I trailed you that game

Comment

Illinois -14 vs Chaminade:

Been a long long time since I seen Illinois as a favorite.

Chaminade just beat Texas caught them flat footed and without their leading player it really showed how bad Texas needs their PG back (he will be back in 4 more games)

Call it lack of sleep, the dreaded time change or just over looking the Silver Swords Texas got it handed it to them.

So who is Chaminade? A D2 school of 1200 catholic students located in Honolulu they host this Maui tourney. The only D2 school of play in a Division 1 tourney.

Chaminade is 7-76 at this event and has never won 2 games in this tourney. They have one player who is key to their game. His name is Haskins who poured in 32 on Texas last night 14 of those from the line.

They play with 5 starters who play the entire game, they like to score points always above 70 or more per game.

My thoughts:

Illinois is scoring in bunches right now the shots are falling. They showed up to the islands early to play Hawaii and won that game in OT on a last second 3 shot. That was a learning experience.

This is a business trip for Illinois and they are playing the locals. I look for Illinois to keep the pressure on both ends of the court and the Silver Swords have not seen this type of speed and talent in a long time.

Illinois should win this by 20 points.

Illinois is averaging 84 points a game and if they keep shooting the ball at the rate they are shooting it would break a school record in attempts. This is a free and flow game Coach Groce has designed It fits this team to a glove. The emphasis on speed and getting back on defense is something that these players are learning quickly.

Sure tired leg syndrome could set in for this game for most teams, but I do not see that happening. Did you know that each Illinois player this year was required to shoot over 5,000 shots after practice in the pre-season. It really shows.

Should Illinois beat this team they would play NC in the championship game and what a great match up that would be.

Carpet

Comment

I got mine, and I'm live with Woodee and Carpet in a parlay.

Let's get more house money!

Comment

Good call in Gardner Webb.
                Wku lost by 8 but had it closer than that at the end and free throws killed them.
                I am so sick of losing bets by 1-2 fucking points!!!!

Comment

That's alright, get them next time.

It will turn and you'll start winning by 1 and 2 points.

Hang tough

Comment

Working...
                  X