Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois -14 vs Chaminade:

Illinois -14 vs Chaminade:

Been a long long time since I seen Illinois as a favorite.

Chaminade just beat Texas caught them flat footed and without their leading player it really showed how bad Texas needs their PG back (he will be back in 4 more games)

Call it lack of sleep, the dreaded time change or just over looking the Silver Swords Texas got it handed it to them.

So who is Chaminade? A D2 school of 1200 catholic students located in Honolulu they host this Maui tourney. The only D2 school of play in a Division 1 tourney.

Chaminade is 7-76 at this event and has never won 2 games in this tourney. They have one player who is key to their game. His name is Haskins who poured in 32 on Texas last night 14 of those from the line.

They play with 5 starters who play the entire game, they like to score points always above 70 or more per game.

My thoughts:

Illinois is scoring in bunches right now the shots are falling. They showed up to the islands early to play Hawaii and won that game in OT on a last second 3 shot. That was a learning experience.

This is a business trip for Illinois and they are playing the locals. I look for Illinois to keep the pressure on both ends of the court and the Silver Swords have not seen this type of speed and talent in a long time.

Illinois should win this by 20 points.

Illinois is averaging 84 points a game and if they keep shooting the ball at the rate they are shooting it would break a school record in attempts. This is a free and flow game Coach Groce has designed It fits this team to a glove. The emphasis on speed and getting back on defense is something that these players are learning quickly.

Sure tired leg syndrome could set in for this game for most teams, but I do not see that happening. Did you know that each Illinois player this year was required to shoot over 5,000 shots after practice in the pre-season. It really shows.

Should Illinois beat this team they would play NC in the championship game and what a great match up that would be.

Carpet

Solid call Carpet, thanks for the ride.

Comment

ILLINI 84 Chaminade 61

Illinois rolls over this D 2 school next game Illini plays Butler for the Maui Championship

Comment

Nice job once again!

Comment

Nice job! Tacked them onto the end of a 4 team parlay that cashed ;^ )

Comment

What's the call tonight against butler????

Comment

hang on

Comment

its a shame none of these guys playing hoops also could have helped that horendous football team. word on the streets is in an upcoming intramural game between the basketball team/cheerleaders and the football team that the basketball team has opened as a 4 pt favorite.

Comment

Working...
                X