Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC-12 Championship UCLA (9-3) at Stanford (10-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC-12 Championship UCLA (9-3) at Stanford (10-2)

current line
    Stanford -9 / 47

UCLA was in a very strange situation last week in their regular season finale against Stanford. They had already clinched the PAC-12 South division so the only question was, "who would they play"? If they beat Stanford they would have to travel to Eugene to play the Mighty Ducks of Oregon U. If they lost they would have to travel to Palo Alto to play Stanford again. So what would you rather do, travel 1000 mi to play in the rain against the #3 offense/#27 defense, or travel 300 mi to play the #79 offense/#12 defense? (Div-1A rankings out of 124 schools).
    In 9 PAC-12 games Stanford has averaged 29 pts on offense and 17 pts given up on defense. Oregon has averaged 50 pts and given up 21.
    I'm not saying they purposely went out to lose the game.....I'm just saying 'didn't it have to be swimming around in their minds what the outcome of that game could mean'?
    I already took Stanford and Kent St on a 2-team 7 pt teaser so I've got Stan -1.5/Kent +14, but the line in now at -9 and I wouldn't be surprised to see UCLA play a much better game and cover that number rather easily. Prior to that 18 pt loss to Stanford last week the Bruins were on a 5 game winning streak including a 10 pt over USC where they put up 38 pts. So if you are wanting to back Stanford in this game and at that number I wouldn't necessarily go by the outcome of that game last week. I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

You are exactly right Dragon and I am on the Bruins to get under the number.

Good luck!!

Comment

I've been taking it in the butt lately so for those that want to fade me feel free to cash in on my futility.
      Having said that I'm also taking,
      2 team parlay
      UCLA +11/UN 50.5 (bought 1.5 on the line and 3 on the total)

Comment

Trust me Dragon.. We're going to be okay.. I hope lots of points also..

GL

Comment

CHA CHING!! AND I MEAN A BIG CHA CHING!!

Comment

feel for ya yet again dragon...buying 3 on the total and then getting burned by 1/2 point....ughhh

Comment

Dragon,

Sorry for me getting all giddy about my winning the game and over. I only read the part that you were on UCLA. I guess I didn't read anything past that. Nice call on UCLA..

Comment

No problem....yeah, way more scoring than I thought in that game. Oh well. Good win for all of you guys that liked UCLA going into this rematch.

Comment

Working...
                X