Dallas @ Chicago - MNF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas @ Chicago - MNF

Must win for both teams with Chicago 1 game behind Detroit and Dallas 1 game behind Philly for their respective division leads.
    Chicago has been competitive for the most part with McCown under center, except for a road game against the Rams where they
    turned the ball over 3 times (with one fumble returned for a TD) and Tavon Austin making two huge plays to put them in a 14-0
    1st Q hole. The other 5 games were wins over GB and Bal, and 3 losses by 4 pts or less (with 1 going to OT last week @ Min).
    Of McCown's 6 games, 4 have been on the road. They are 1-1 in the two home games....the win over Bal and a 2 pt loss to Det
    where they just missed tying the game but failed on the 2 pt conversion. McCown has a respectable 103.6 QB rating completing
    65% of his passes for 9 TD's and just 1 INT.
    Dallas hasn't played well on the road in their 6 road trips winning the 2 divisional games vs Philly and Wash and losing the other 4....
    all non-division games. In fact, Dallas is 4-0 against division opponents and just 3-5 against everyone else. In addition, they have
    only 1 win vs any team with a record better than 5-8.
    Neither team has a very good defense and both have lots of offensive weapons. Alshon Jeffrey has been a beast lately so McCown
    has 2 legitimate studs at WR, a very good TE in Martellus Bennett who should be up for a match-up against his old team, and a
    stud pass-catching RB in Matt Forte.
    It's going to be extremely cold tonight in Chicago. The forecast calls for "brisk west winds 15-25 mph with single-digit wind chills".
    Dallas has not appeared to get as 'up' for these non-divisional road games, Bears last 3 at home have been wins over the NYG's and
    Bal. Ravens and a 2 pt loss to Detroit. I think they will be very competitive in this game, which the line is showing us.
    Current line has recently moved from Dal -1 to PK. I'm definitely leaning Chicago by a score of around 24-21.

I agree, Chicago wins this game.

While it is an important game for Dallas, it is not quite a must win situation. Dallas plays Philly in Week 17. If Dallas is one game out and beats Philly in that game (which is in Dallas), Dallas owns the tiebreakers and would win the division if both teams have the same record.

It still is a big game and a game Dallas needs to win if they want to stay in the race, but I dont think they are up for the game in the cold like Chicago will be.

I would take Chicago up to -3.

Comment

Ha ha......I could have got Chi at +1 but by the time I was done writing this it was down to PK so I decided to wait and see if more Dallas money came in. Ooops.......everyone out there must have read my stellar write-up (ha ha...jk) because it's now Chi -1.5. Not sure why the total jumped up a pt to 49.5 though. I guess they don't expect the cold to factor in the total. But then again, it didn't seem to affect the totals yesterday. In fact, the best weather outdoor game was the lowest total of the day.
      Take a look at some of these cold weather totals.....55, 70, 43, 53, 64, 54, 62, 55 and 79! Will this one be the same?

Comment

Also didn't notice but in the cold weather games yesterday the home teams went 7-2 SU. I've got a feeling Chi is the late release play for some of the services tonight, and maybe the OV too.

Comment

You may be right dragon. Over's were 10-5 yesterday and 4 of the
          5 unders were in "warm" cities, N.O., T.B., AZ and S.F. althought
          it looked cold in the bay. The other under was in G.B.

Comment

I still like Chi to win SU but there's no way they beat anyone by 8 so I'm taking Dal +8/OV 42 on a 7 pt teaser just to be safe. I'll wait and see what the line does in the next couple minutes but I'm also taking Chi to win.

Comment

Took Chi ML -115 for 1 unit in addition to the 7 pt teaser for 1.

Comment

Grabbed Dallas +24.5 in game so a slight redemption. If that freakin' line hadn't moved to Chi -1 I wouldn't have even considered Dallas on the 7 pt teaser. It ended up playing exactly as I originally thought......Dallas just cannot get up for non-division road games, even if it's against a suck-ass defense. What a pathetic bunch of pussies. Garrett's gotta be gone at the end of the season unless he miraculously wins the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                  Garrett's gotta be gone at the end of the season unless he miraculously wins the SB.
                  I agree, Garrett needs to go, but Jerry will keep him one more year at least. The only way Jerry will fire Garrett is if Dallas loses their final 3 games and goes 7-9, and that may not be enough to get him fired.

Jerry has already said Garrett will be back next year. Garrett meets the two job requirements that Jerry has for a head coach, to work cheap and be a "yes" man.

Since Jimmy Johnson left, every coach that Jerry has hired has been a weak invertebrate who will not stand up to Jerry, with the exception of Parcells.

Even Dave Campo had to go 5-11 for three consecutive years before Jerry fired him.

The coach that needs to go immediately is the Defensive Coordinator, Monte Kiffin. The Dallas defense is just like the defense he coached at USC, everyone rolls up yards on it. Last night is the second game this year in which Dallas failed to stop an opponent and make them punt.

Dallas is a mediocre team. They have not beaten any team with a winning record this year. Their record is mostly the result of beating up on the weak NFC East.

Someone needs to clean house, but as long as Jerry is the GM, it won't happen.

OK, I will get off my soapbox now.

Comment

Working...
                  X