Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS FOOTBALL

Prediction: 6-6 (3-5)

A healthy Wes Lunt leads Illinois to a strong start out of the gate, but plateaus mid-way through the season. Lunt cements himself as a top-4 B1G quarterback, but Mike Dudek’s injury leaves the receiving corps without a top-notch threat, allowing opponents to stack the box and prevent Josh Ferguson from breaking many big plays. Ferguson again breaks 1,200 all-purpose yards, but sees a decrease in average yards per touch. Dudek’s return from injury comes later than anticipated and he doesn’t quite regain his sensational 2014 form. The defense shows moderate improvement, but remains a liability on the ground.

A 6-6 record with three wins in a strong — albeit top-heavy — Big Ten should be enough for this squad to squeak into a bowl game, much like it did in 2011 and 2014.

Another bowl victory means Beckman will likely stick around for the fifth and final year of his contract.

Anything short of that should seal his fate.

This Illinois football team has depth at major positions in regards to protecting the QB-
    O Line is solid and Lunt will have the protection early on to throw darts.

Defense is a bit dinged up at present time-best Defense I have seen the last 2 years so far for Illinois.

I have a Gut-Study-thought that Illinois will be a surprise team this year and this is not a homer call.

Coach (Beckman) in year 4 who really has had a great recruiting record last 2 years and currently has his back to the wall-I will tell you the average GPA has Risen for every player and the off field crap we had under Ron Zook is non extent with this current coach.

I look at the players Illinois have and I say oh my they are stacked and under looked.

There is 1 or 2 players on this team that will make the NFL.

Keep your eye on this team.

Carpet

Comment

Kent State Golden Flashes +16 vs ILLINOIS

16 points seems like a boat load for Illinois to cover not 1 game last year did that happen.

Last year the Golden Flashes were a -25.5 underdog to Northern Illinois and lost by only 3 points.

I see this more of a 10 point game with Illinois special teams allowing this team to hang around.

Your thoughts ?

Comment

ILLINI Football coach Tim Beckman has been fired just one week prior to the season

This was due to information uncovered by UI regarding misconduct by the coach regarding players

Comment

Working...
        X