Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois - 10 vs NW Mens basketball

ILLINOIS at home vs Northwestern. The Line is 10.5 for Illinois

Let's take a look at the Wild Cats. A precise passing team that is very effective with making the hard cuts on offense. They operate on offense by committee. NW is also 13th in the nation in point production. While they stay in a Princeton style offense they have a couple players that can make things happen.

They average 65 points a game and are ranked 249th in the nation in rebounding it should favor Illinois here.

A LOOK AT ILLINOIS

Coach Groce of Illinois says this:

MAN UP AND PLAY, Life is going to punch you right in the face get ready and deal with it. The coach is tired of all this fragile talk and deals with it like a Drill Instructor
    (I approve)

There is no sense of urgency on offense for Illinois and the defense is suspect at least 25% of the time.

Illinois plays up or down to the level of competition and lacks killer instinct this resonates from the senior leadership from LAST years melt down as Juniors. Is this a talented basketball team YES if they want to show up.

When I heard that Coach Groce of Illinois would replay the tape of Northwestern's offense 3 times over because he was impressed with the execution and I would guess he is befuddled on how to stop NW on offense.

This game is going to be close
    Last edited by Carpet; 01-16-2013, 08:40 PM.

so we should get a small slice of this +10 1/2 NW pie?

Comment

You know Illinois always plays up or down to the level of teams they play I think they will really have a hard time stopping NW passing and shooting

I am taking NW and all the points I can find

Illinois is one of those teams that are just so difficult to cap but until I see changes they will play most games close with the bottom tier teams

Comment

Northwestern scares me though. They lost to Mich by 28, Min by 18 and Iowa by 20 and 2 of those were at home. Illinois could destroy them if they come to play.

Comment

Illinois can destroy anyone if they come to play question is will they?

Comment

NW is pounding Illinois at half 36-21

Comment

I will never doubt you again :^ /

Comment

nice job...we cashed

Comment

WOW! Illinois...come on!

As you said it would happen. Nice call!

Jeckl n Hyde.

Comment

There is something very wrong with this team. They practice hard but come game time it does not carry over. This team is soft, Soft mentally and physically. Illinois lives by the 3 and dies by the 3. Last night 3-20 from the arc that is just terrible.

Last year Illinois was 15-2 and then the wheels came off, this year is very similar 14-1 and now lost 3 straight in a horrible effort.

I see the free fall to continue for Illinois

Comment

Reminds me of a certain Illini football team from last season.
                      Maybe we should start a new expression, "Their playing Zooky".

Comment

Illinois is just 30 for 126 from beyond the arc 23% in the last 6 games.

That is 96 misses or a total of 288 points lost.

Is it that the legs are gone for the shooters, are the practices to hard or long? I do not think so it comes down to execution on offense and getting good looks which is not happening.

Illini Nation is in complete shock, I am not fully saw this melt down coming especially after the lack luster play vs Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                        X