Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #25 Illinois vs Northwestern

Illinois -9.0 vs Northwestern

Illinois travels to Northwestern University Wed night (ESPN)

The NW Wildcats snapped a 4 game losing streak over Iowa on the road, a very impressive showing. Iowa is no push over at home or on the road.

After a sloppy game at home for Illinois vs Purdue, Coach Bruce Weber looks to put life into this talented squad. The real issue with Illinois is (FOCUS) and it is obvious. Coach Weber is laser beamed in on FOCUS and I am confident they will come out to play.

Illinois has won 8 in a row vs NW. Illinois is one of two big ten teams coach Carmody has never beaten he is 0-5. The other team is Ohio State. Illinois is 15-1 vs NW and an amazing 35-3 since 1984.

A FEW STATS

After playing Purdue...Illinois is 5-1

NW after a win is 2-8

NW after playing Iowa is 0-4

MY THOUGHTS

Illinois will come out focused, this spells trouble for any team.

Illinois inside rebounding strength will dominate the inside game.

Illinois 3 point game needs help and at this point in the season NW actually shoots the rock from 3 point land alot better than Illinois.

Dee Brown (Illinois Guard) is the main reason for lack of 3 point performance. This kid can flat out play, but he must settle in to a smooth release if he ever wants think about the NBA. My sources tell me he is shooting over 200 (3) point shots a day in practice. It wont be long until he lights up the building..

Roger Powell (6-6 all stater) was silent last game scoring 0, you can bet the farm he will score double figures this game.

My numbers indicate Illinois by 13.0

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi

All comments and thoughts are WELCOME.....

Good Luck to all,

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

What a total let down as Illinois loses to NW.

This team has got some very serious issues...

It is obvious that the new Coach Weber's style of play does not work with this young talented squad.

Illinois is a run and gun full floor offense, Webers style is full motion half court offense.

This team is just going thru the motions to pacify the new coach.

What worked at SIU will not work at Illinois...The coach blames the players for lack of intensity and Focus...

These kids played their hearts out under his game plan and got their ass kicked.

I don't see a quick solution to this problem as both the players and coach stand their ground early on.....

Carpet

Comment

Working...
      X