College football week 7 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College football week 7 discussion

Okay guys.. I had two of three right last week but changed my mind on one of them and got one of three right.

Here is just a thought of mine for this week.

LSU, Florida, SC, Georgia, and even Texas A&M don't have cakewalks this week. Four of the five are on the road. I think there is definitely one of them going down but I actually think two will.

Thoughts?

I was just looking at the lines for the first time closely today.

I think LSU goes down at Ole Miss. Ole Miss has not lived up to the sleeper team that I thought they would be but I see them stealing one here at home to help get them back in the win column.

I see the line jumped to +8 today too. I will wait and see but I like all the points I can take on this one.

SC is at Tenny but I don;t think they will take them lightly after they saw how they hung with Georgia.

I wish Mizzou had their QB playing...I would be all over them. I don't know much about the other guy or what even happened last week or how he played after Franklin went out.

Out of the SEC, I like Okie to roll Kansas on the road at -23.5.

Comment

Here are a few others I am looking at but have not played yet---Give me your thoughts....

Arizona State -3 over Washington---Tempe is a tough place to play. Unranked team favored over ranked too.

Arizona -4 over Utah---Letdown spot for Utah--AZ is MUCH better than they have played so far. Might be my fav play of the week. AZ has 2 losses AT washington and AT USC.

West Virginia +6 over TT

Northwestern -12 over MInny

Illinois +13 or more VS. WISCY---CARPET, CALL ME CRAZY NOW!!! Upset special??

Iowa State +35 over Baylor...This line is way too high. Baylor is an ATS machine but ISU may be the best team they have faced so far. ISU does not quit so they can keep it within this spread. Baylor wins but not by more than 28.

Comment

Arizona st is one of my favorites this week also. They have covered I think 7 in a row against them and I believe at home they will be too much for Washington.

Comment

[QUOTE=woodee12;192602]Here are a few others I am looking at but have not played yet---Give me your thoughts....

Illinois +13 or more VS. WISCY---CARPET, CALL ME CRAZY NOW!!! Upset special??]

I have been at ground floor looking at this game. That 13.5 sure looks good to some out there. Here is what I see in this Illinois game vs Wisky (short version)

Illinois defense will not - Stop the Badgers running game. Should Illinois decide to stack the box to stop the run game Wisky will simply go over the top and move that ball. Illinois defense will not be able to stop Wisky from scoring.

Can Illinois improved offense under Bill Cubit score some points and keep this close?

I do not think so. Nebraska showed me crystal clear how far ahead they are vs Illinois as a team. Wisconsin is every bit as good as a team.

I think Wisky covers this 13.5.

Comment

woodee,
            look deeper into your Ole Miss pick, if you haven't already made a play.
            Their schedule has been brutal and backups of backups will be starting
            on the D line. Also, haven't seen if Bryant is in or out at LB. Did see
            him get carted off last week.
            For LSU, their offense was balanced and they gave up zero sacks against
            a very good Florida D.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
              woodee,
              look deeper into your Ole Miss pick, if you haven't already made a play.
              Their schedule has been brutal and backups of backups will be starting
              on the D line. Also, haven't seen if Bryant is in or out at LB. Did see
              him get carted off last week.
              For LSU, their offense was balanced and they gave up zero sacks against
              a very good Florida D.
              Krichinsky, you are right. Ole Miss is dinged up quite a bit. I see them getting a boat load of points on LSU and life on the road in the SEC can be brutal. LSU's qb couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last year and now he is threading the needle. I don't know if this will be the game but he will turn back to his old self before the season is out. When he does, it might take him a while to get to where he is now. Just my opinion.

Comment

Noted. Maybe the play here is the over. It's held steady at 60.
                Just don't see Mette having any pressure. That means the
                meltdown(s) will come three weeks from now.

On a different game. C. Fla has gone from +11.5 to now +14.5.
                They played South Carolina close and Memphis is an improved
                team. Knights are coming off a bye week.
                Should Louisville be giving out that much love?

Comment

Thanks guys. I have held off on ole miss so far as the line is rising with those injuries.

I like Ucf quite a bit tonight too. They are a solid team. Lville gets way too much love from the betting public I think.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                    Thanks guys. I have held off on ole miss so far as the line is rising with those injuries.

I like Ucf quite a bit tonight too. They are a solid team. Lville gets way too much love from the betting public I think.

That is probably a good move Woodee. Kman is right, they are banged up pretty bad and off three big SEC games BAMA/AUB/A&M. I honestly do feel the Hamburgler as I call him quarterbacking for LSU is squirrely and will melt down soon.

Good luck this weekend!

Comment

Whats your take on this FSU/Clemson game?

Here is what I think....

The line tells you something. FSU is good and the linesmakers know it making them a fav.

Clemson's D is suspect with the yardage allowed per game vs. FSU defensive allowance. Its a bit skewed with Clemson playing Georgia at full stength.

I think Taj Boyd is good, but the FSU guy, Winston, may be better and might be his coming out party Saturday.

As good as the points smell with Clemson at home +3, I think FSU wins by 7.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                        Whats your take on this FSU/Clemson game?

Here is what I think....

The line tells you something. FSU is good and the linesmakers know it making them a fav.

Clemson's D is suspect with the yardage allowed per game vs. FSU defensive allowance. Its a bit skewed with Clemson playing Georgia at full stength.

I think Taj Boyd is good, but the FSU guy, Winston, may be better and might be his coming out party Saturday.

As good as the points smell with Clemson at home +3, I think FSU wins by 7.
                        I totally agree with that one.. I thought I was the only one that liked the Seminoles.. Good to know my friend!

Comment

Thats another thing....Everyone is on Clemson. I think FSU is a legit national title contender myself.

I have scoured these lines like a hawk this week. I cannot find much of value but I do know a lot about the matchups this week.

A weird line I see is BYU -9.5 at Houston. Houston is usually a paper tiger that wins a lot of games against bad team. They are 5-0, and at home and BYU is favored. Logic says take Houston + the points. But this one reads a BYU blow out from what the line is saying.

BYU runs the ball well, and plays D. Might be enough to cover against a soft 5-0 Houston team.

I don't know but the line is strange.

Comment

Really think South Alabama -6' is the best game on the board this week.

Good luck everybody

Comment

Thanks for posting that oakas. I think the best chances to win come from
                              the Mid-majors.
                              Two plays I have for tomorrow:
                              Ball St. -19
                              N. Tx. -6.5

I may add S. Ala. I think they could also be a strong ATS pick next week
                              as well.
                              GL

Comment

Working...
                              X