# 8 Missouri vs # 25 Illinois Bragging Rights Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 8 Missouri vs # 25 Illinois Bragging Rights Game

The Bragging Rights game played in St Louis has Missouri a 5.5 point chalk.

A Look at Missouri:

Missouri 87.9 ppg # 2 in the nation.
    Illinois 69.0 ppg # 164

Missouri 52% FG % also # 2 in the nation.
    Illinois 44% # 141

Missouri plays a 4 guard line up, a very fast up tempo pace reminds me of the 2004-2005 Illini team. The tigers are also outstanding in creating turnovers ranked # 8 at 10.2 steals a game.

This Missouri team has played the 8th weakest schedule in the nation this year-including a blow out win over California.

The Tigers are 16th in the nation in FTA/FGA (Free throws attempted per Field Goal attempted). This is surprising that the tigers do not allow many free throws given the lack of size. I would guess it is because teams that they are playing a so far behind that they are shooting a lot of threes to catch up.

A LOOK AT ILLINOIS

11-1 record ranked # 25.

This Illinois team has hit a wall the last 4 games. Loaded with a top 15 incoming class these players have hit the freshmen wall, the stress of finals, practice and coming off the bench trying to produce has all added to the bench woes.

Illinois has really struggled to win vs coppin state and St Bonaventure, slow starts, turn overs galore and lack of bench play has killed this young team. The bench scored a total of ZERO points in the last game vs Coppin State. This is going to be a major concern for Coach Weber vs Missouri.

The bright spot for Illinois is down low, a 7-1 stud named Myers Leonard, this kid has all the right tools to be a NBA players someday, while only a sophomore he has more room to grow and learn. Look for Illinois to pound it inside to Leonard 16-20 times in this game.

Coach Weber says that this is not the best time for his Illini to play Missouri, referencing the wall his young team has hit.

HERE IS WHAT I EXPECT TO HAPPEN:

Missouri will use a lot of ball screens to open up a shooter or cutter causing the Illinois guard fits all night long.

Missouri will play zone forcing Illinois to break it down knowing Illinois is shooting only 32% from down town.

Illinois is averaging 13 turnovers a game (vs weak teams) look for Missouri to create at least 20 in this game.

The center of Illinois Leonard will be seeing double all night long in the paint, and this will frustrate the big man.

Foul trouble is a major concern for Illinois, remember the bench is awful in providing scoring (last game 0 BENCH POINTS) this is going to be a major problem when Illinois gets into foul trouble and trust me they will get into foul trouble.

The thieves of Missouri are outstanding in stealing the ball averaging 10 a game and they should get about that many vs a sloppy passing team of Illinois.

This game could get ugly in a hurry for the Illini if somehow Illinois can slow down Missouri, play solid defense, limit turnovers and keep it a game then I see a score of

Missouri 77 Illinois 64

I'm with ya, Got Missou winning in the 4-6 pt range. I haven't seen an opening line but I made it at Missouri -1.5

GL

Comment

Sorry I thought the game was being played in Illinois. So the 5.5 line for Missou is exacltly where I would have it,And your score prediction would be right on,I'm with you even more now, GL to us

Comment

The game is being played in a semi-neutral site in downtown st louis.

I just do not see Illiniois beating Missouri or covering any thing south of 10,

Comment

Actually Pango.

I see Missouri winning by 20.

The tigers will come out the gates and force it at light speed from the tip to final and find another Illini team a sleep at the wheel. Once Illinois wakes up in time to play it will be to late.

Missouri is under sized but wow can they create space, and run. Why can't Illinois do that they have the talent?

This has usually been a close battle between these two teams, I have seen them all over the years but I have to tell you at this point in the season Missouri is a bad catch for Illinois, as Coach Weber has said.

Unless a lightning Bolt comes from the sky just prior to the tip and renders all the missouri players useless then there is not much of a chance that Illinois will cover this game
          Last edited by Carpet; 12-21-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I just see no scenario to even remotely think about Illinois,I'm with ya

Comment

The line ha moved to -7 for Mizzou.

They should cover that with ease

Comment

I am standing on a Mountain top at Ground Floor (Carpet's Level) and shouting to you that Illinois will not cover 7 tonight.

Good Luck my friends

Comment

when is this game taking place?

Comment

TONIGHT 8 central time

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                      I am standing on a Mountain top at Ground Floor (Carpet's Level) and shouting to you that Illinois will not cover 7 tonight.

Good Luck my friends
                      I know that I have placed myself out there for all that may follow on this pick.

It is far and few between I call a game dead balls center, the last one I remember was the call of Illinois beating # 1 Ohio State in football 3 years ago.

Based on what I have seen so far this early season with both teams I see a contrasting style of play and Illinois can not get into a run and gun game vs Missouri and not hope to turn the ball over.

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
                        when is this game taking place?
                        Now I remember why I have absolutely ZERO interest in college basketball. Can't believe I was stupid enough to even consider betting on this garbage and having to watch the hideous play on TV. I can only blame myself.

Comment

What a night

Comment

damn Missouri has zero half court offense log that into my memory bank

Comment

Working...
                            X