If You Must Wager On Todays Football Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Must Wager On Todays Football Game

Many of todays modern gamblers thin is is un AMERICAN to not wager on the first game of the season. Most of these people are losers each and every year.

If you must wager on game, do the following: make a very, very small wager. Call your honey for a pizza date. She brings over pizza and a six-pack, you have sex with her and send her home while you drink beer, eat Pizza and watch the game.

In my humble opinion:

AMERICAN BOWL

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (8-8 SU/8-7-1 ATS) vs. SAN FRANCISCO 49ers (12-5 SU/9-7-1 ATS)

(At Osaka, Japan)

Believe it or not, the football season has arrived and will get underway when the Redskins and 49ers meet in the American Bowl in Osaka, Japan. Former Florida head coach Steve Spurrier will make his NFL debut after he was hired by the Redskins in early January. Spurrier has named QB Sage Rosenfels the starter for this game and he is expected to play most, if not all, of the first half. QB Danny Wuerffel will play the 2nd Half, while QB Shane Matthews is not expected to play - but will see three quarters of action next week against Carolina. Ironically, Wuerffel and Matthews both played for Spurrier at Florida. Washington's fourth QB, Patrick Ramsey, has yet to report to camp. The defensive starters are not expected to see much action at all, while the offensive starters will see about a half of action. Defensive linemen Bruce Smith and Santana Dotson, as well as defensive end Otis Leverette are out with injuries and did not accompany the team overseas. Spurrier has been running flea-flickers all week in practice and it will come as no surprise to anyone to see him run a couple of those trick plays in this game. San Francisco's quarterback rotation is expected to have starting QB Jeff Garcia play one or two series at the most. QB Tim Rattay is expected to play most of the game and Brandon Doman, the rookie from BYU, will get some snaps in the fourth quarter. QB Cade McNown may or may not play in this game, but will get a lot of work in against Kansas City on August 10th. Offensive starters are expected to be pulled early in the second quarter. Washington was 1-3 ATS in the preseason last year, but the two years prior to that they were 6-2 ATS in exhibition play. San Francisco comes in 2-6 ATS in the preseason the last two years. San Francisco opened as a -2½ point favorite in this game and the line movement has been significant as the Redskins are now a -3 point favorite. Big line moves such as this are common in the NFL preseason. In the regular season, a 5½ point line move in the NFL (sides) is unheard of. These big line moves in the NFL preseason generally hold up, however, when a favorite switches sides, as is the case with this game, it is always best to proceed with caution. The total opened up at 36 and is down to 34½ in some spots. While money is showing for the "under", don't be surprised if there is a lot of scoring in this game as both teams will want to put on an entertaining show in front of the foreign crowd in Osaka.

SELECTION: WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO "OVER" 35

I'm liking the over also. Seems the game itself could go either way. Spurrier likes to score!

UD :cool:

Comment

Anybody want to bet on how many times he throws his visor in the first quarter?

Comment

The o/u on throwing the visor would be 2 1/2 over -40

Comment

Just to liven things up a little, I'll take the over 2 1/2. Can I get 5 cents off?

Comment

You got real lucky Blowfish. Since Steve S. isn't wearing a visor, I checked with both Vegas and off-shore books, the play was no action.

Comment

Whew, I was just making a call to my banker to remortgage the house! I'm glad you checked that out. I'm watching and noticed that but wasn't about to say anything!

Comment

Working...
              X