Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the slowest site on the internet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the slowest site on the internet.

I was late to get into computers and the internet. I guess the one good thing about the slow download speed of this site is that it gives me an idea what it used to be like to surf the net years ago.

Every time I read a post and click "Back", I have to wait for EVERY FRIGGING ONE of your ads on the top to reload onto the page - ONE BY ONE.

I was going thru some archive posts on one of the major sportsbetting sites recently, and noted that this apparently used to be the premier sportsbetting site about 5 years ago.

Isn't it possible - quality of posters aside - the reason this site has lost ground is that many posters, like myself, simply cannot tolerate the slowness of the site and gave up on it once alternatives came along?

My computer is 1.6 p4 processor, 256 memory, 40 harddrive, and no site I have encountered on the net takes the time that this one does - 1 1/2 minutes to get reset up after I read each post, before I can read the next one.

Yes, you have fancy blinking ads on top of the page which may attract the attention of nitwits. But what good does it do you if no one wants to come here?

thanks peewee

appreciate your input. our new and IMPROVED site will be up in a few weeks.
    speed was addressed along with other stuff.

you and everybody else that posts here will be very happy with the new version.

Comment

Takes me less then half a second to go back or navigate anywhere on this site, least right now. It's your connection that matters not so much your computer.

Comment

I have a T-1 connection and the site downloads immediately. You might want to upgrade your dial-up connection and get into the new century.

Comment

I doubt you have a T1 connection at home. I thought that is usually used for large corporations.

Half a second? I doubt that! Even with DSL, it takes nearly 15-20 seconds with all those banners to load. Unless you know how to eliminate the annoying banners.

Slowest on the internet is right.

Let's hope the new upgrade helps.
          good luck to all,

ricker

Comment

My life style at this time makes DSL unavailable. I have a dial up 56k modem.

I go to numerous websites, and they all load very quickly, at least after I've been there once and they're in my history. Most of them do take a few seconds to load.

This is a pathetically slow site, the slowest I have ever encountered. I've never come across anything close to it.

As I tried to point out in my post, this site is loaded with blinking ads. But it has undoubtedly caused them to lose tons of traffic and become a murky backwater amongst the gambling sites, where they onced used to be major. I rarely visit here - the site is too primitive.

I'm glad to hear there will be an improved site in the works.

Comment

site response

we realize that some posters have a slow response time. the new look/site will definitley have a much much better response time. rest assured of that.

in addition, we will have the absolute fastest html lines on the web today.while other sites claim to have "live" lines free we will be the only site to truly have the quickest updates right on our site from 15 or so books. not a 10 minute update but a 2-3 minute update. this is FREE FREE FREE!

cut through the other smoke and odds sites that PRETEND they have live lines. they are not relavent to the person who is betting them our lines ARE!!

more to come. very very soon!

thank you

Comment

Ricker

You are right. I do not have a computer at home I access the web at work. If you don't see me post you will know I've been fired.

Comment

slow site, etc

I have two ?...
                  1. Ricker...how do you avoid the flashing banners?
                  2. bgeorgia....is the brainiac even working? I tried all sports on the bottom one (that shows if anyone has picked a team and whom) and it showed no results on all sports. That seems awfully strange. I sure hope you folks are re-doing and streamlining the Brainiac too??????? Thanks. Ri

Comment

Ri. I wish I could avoid them. I simply have to tolerate them.
                    good luck to all,

ricker

Comment

www.zonealarm.com
                      Best there is, Blocks everything if you want

P.S. What banners and flashing things?

Comment

site issues

this is the 1st anyone has mentioned the brainiac problem. i will have it addressed. apologies for that problem.

also, we are very very close to the new site and in the essence of time will will do it piece meal. you will not have a problem with the graphics with the new site.

thanks for everyone's patience.

bg

Comment

Pango

Like some of the ads at the top of the page. These are not too bad. I really hate the ones that blink so fast that you must scroll down before your eyes explode.
                          Thanks bgeorgia. Ri

Comment

site questions/concerns

ricall

yes i agree. all those mini banners will disappear soon when our new look is unveiled. things will be layed out in a fashion that will make all the features of our site easy to find. ypu will be pleased,

bg

Comment

This Site Is The Best!

Pee Wee {perfect name!}

This is the best site for those who really appreciate sports writers, handicappers and great human beings that make this site ROLL 65 days a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X