Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, August 20 - 3 Games

Wednesday, August 20

Wasn't the type of debut appearance I hoped for posted Monday dropping all four selections, but in this marathon of a sport, you must hold your head up and keep plugging. Yesterday I didn't make it here, but put out a 3-1 night (all monitored) and am here to put back-to-back winning days together and redeem my awful posting debut, so let's get started.

Tonight in Jacob's Field the Twins and Indians play the second game of a brief two game series. Taking to the mound for the Twins will be Radke, who will be the first to tell you, Cleveland is the team that has been a thorn in his side since being in the Bigs. Radke has struggled against Cleveland more than any other team during his nine-year career. The veteran righty is 5-15 with a 6.00 ERA in 25 career starts against the Indians. Cleveland will have left-hander Brian Anderson on the hill tonight. Anderson beat Radke on Thursday, improving to 9-9 this season. He is 2-0 lifetime against Minnesota despite a 4.88 ERA in five career starts. Cleveland has pretty much had their way against Minnesota, taking 7 out of their last 10 meetings. I look for Cleveland's success to continue tonight.

Cleveland Indians - 5 Units (+102)

Tonight at 8:05 PM EST Mark Prior the Cubs stand out will try to become the first Cubs pitcher to throw three straight complete games since Rick Sutcliffe on Aug. 3, Aug. 12 and Aug. 17, in the year 1988. Prior has all the tools to be a very successful pitcher in the Majors for a long time to come. But tonight his nerves will be a big factor in his concentration to throw his game, and calling balls and strikes is Reynolds who may put the squeeze on Prior's hopes of throwing 3 straight complete games. The road team is 6-19 when Reynolds is behind home-plate, I'm positive Prior would much rather see a different Ump calling the game. Just to much pressure on the youngster tonight against the solid Houston Astro's, and any mistakes made the 'Stro's will take advantage of.

Houston Astros - 4 Units (+147)

Starting at 10:05 PM EST we have two clubs battling for pride as the Mets play the Padres in San Diego. I like the home field advantage here, along with SD is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings between the two. Another trend that helped release SD tonight, is that the Mets are 14-26 this year in Game two of a series.

SD Padres - 5 Units (-125)

All lines provided with selections are lines put out by my monitor.
    Record of Posted Plays - 0-4 (00.0%) -$2175.00
    Overall '03 Record - 82-62-1 (56.9%) +$7900.42

The Grand Wizard
    WizardOfOddz

TWO ADDED GAMES FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20

Oakland A's - 5 Units (+145)
    SF Giants - 5 Units (-107)

Now 5 games total for tonight's action posted. Good luck to all!

The Grand Wizard
    WizardOfOddz

Comment

Working...
    X