"Past Post" & Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Past Post" & Issues

Just want some opinions as to how to deal with this. I am NEW to the world of online wagering as I simply became tired with always having to hike miles to get to the track. (horses). Having discovered this ,I thought that I found a real gem. To make a real long story short....
    I opened my first account with a small amount at www.virtualbookmaker.com . I made a wager, wager was accepted , trifecta won. Later that day I was informed that "due to a computer glitch, the wager was accepted by mistake".

Now I learned very fast that the best defense that a book has is to call you a "crook" and shut you out. Further, I also found that some people on forums (elsewhere) are rather bitter gamblers who likely have attempted to run "scams" and been shut out so they immediately paint a person with their OWN brush if you get the drift.

In short, the wager was cancelled, my account was shut and the book not only has not sent the money that was in the account at the time, but does not respond to e-mails and woulnd't take my calls or return them.

So what do you suggest? I am finding that several books use the "was past post" line when I win a trifecta! Two nights ago I bet a trio, WATCHED the race go off and later was told it was PAST POST! LMAO am I the only one who thinks that this way of wagering is 2 steps from robbery on some books part??

thank you in advance

sds

with some of the books that I have for horses you have to get bets in at least a little ahead of actual race time, 2 min at olympic,3 at pinnacle. If you got them in well ahead of time at your books, and they refuse to pay, it sounds like they could be crooks.

Comment

In the first instance with Virtual, I was actually outside working when my father -in-law asked me to place a bet for him. I ran inside, posted the wager, made sure it was "accepted" , then went back outside. Later when I checked the results and found the wager had won ,I was surprised to find that the bet was reversed! When I called they said there was a "software glitch" and the bet "was accepted in error" so due to their disclaimer, I was SOL. I told them what I thought ,they THEN said that I was a CROOK, so I filled their ear a bit more. That ended up in my account being "suspended". Then to top it off, they haven't sent the money that was in the account. (not much, but principle of it).
      They told me to call back after the wknd and they would "review" the situation. When I called, "Bruce" played hide & seek" from the phone and would not take my calls (the guy screening his calls was not very good at bluffing).
      Apart from the fact that my initiation into online gaming is very bad ,I am disappointed that businesses in CR are that near sighted as to throw a client away this quickly. I am the first to admit I am a "rookie" online gambler; however, I am a businessman (owner of 2 businesses in CR/T&C) and as an offshore tax/Investment Advisor wonder why bookies would even CONSIDER drawing negative attention to them in the wake of the witch-hunt that is forming. They need all the ALLIES they can get right now and I would have been a good one
      cheers & thanks in advance for your input

sds

Comment

Working...
      X