P4: View From the Window Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4: View From the Window Perch

The preseason "View" was to get me into regular season shape and I feel I'm raring to go!

I've been brutalized by the preseason. I took a lot of games assuming certain things were going to happen and the funny thing is -- they all did. Yet, 4th quarter garbage time ate me alive. I guess it says something that a lot of things went my way and I STILL lost most of these games. Still, it has helped get my mind back into the mold and should help me start the NFL season right. It'll be money well spent because without the money on these games, I never could have payed attention to any of them. Isn't that part of the whole gaming thing anyway? To milk more fun?

So another horrible week for the NFL. Now, Chad Pennington -- star of their big Thursday night debut complete with Britney Spears-ish hoopla -- is down and they now have Vinnie vs. Ramsey. OUCH! The way things are going for the Jets right now, you'd almost think they won the Superbowl last season.

Dallas made some noise by almost knocking off Pittsburgh using their starters into the 4th quarter. Watching their wideouts is almost like seeing an old timers game. Galloway still plays in the NFL? He's been sleeping on his fat contract and that has to rub Parcells the wrong way -- something must give here. And Terry Glenn back with the Tuna, tis truly a sight. The important thing from the game is that Tommy looked like Tommy...and not many guys not named Ramsey had good throwing days on the Cowboys last season.

At the Miami game, viewers were treated to a locker room shot of Coach Wanny talking up the importance of special teams to set the tone. I really wondered if the message was sinking in when one of his own players was right behind him dancing to headphones on his head! However, the Dolphins quickly forced a special teams turnover to open the game and set the tone and continued with stellar special teams the rest of the way. As a gambler, special teams is the great equalizer and this bodes well for the Dolphins as favorites this season.

Randy Moss checked in for the Vikings with 1 catch for 9 yards. Now, what are the odds that Randy Moss doesn't play his heart out for a meaningless game? Really! Shocking. So out of character for him.

Warner continues his stellar run by only letting 3 balls slip away this week. Ramsey checked in with a 100 yard game on Saturday. No really, it was 100 yards! I guess in Florida that's a perfect game. A. Boldin shot to the top of Fantasy draft lists by nabbing 3 throws in the Arizona game. I'm thinking 3rd rounder. Ahman Green had a run to the house.

Finally, Plummer had a nice debut, overcoming jitters to have a rather strong 1st half by his lowly standards. That is until he tossed a stinker on his final drive in the 3rd quarter! I really have my doubts on this Plummer plan.

This week is TRUE preseason. These games are such garbage its almost laughable, but I think a lot of the well-known preseason stereotypes are at their brightest and best this week. Could be a real good money making opportunity if you have a few bucks left to toss into the preseason. Personally, I'll wait until the regular season rather than take a shot at my arm chair psychology degree on who wants to win and who just doesn't want to get hurt.

See you next week...its PRIME TIME!

Working...
X