Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUARANTEED Way Of Winning In The MLB? Picks for FRI

Friday, September 12, 2003

As the 2003 MLB season is winding down, most of us have or are gearing up for football, but I'd like to take this opportunity to throw some "Food For Thought" at you for next year's 2004 MLB play. If you're an honest 'capper and 'cap MLB, I think you'll agree that baseball hands down is the toughest sport to handicap in the industry of wagering. By far there are more stats to be looked at versus other sports, putting forth the potential and temptation to actually over 'cap a game. While the big favorites look so solid, we all have layed the heavy lumber or used the run line to drop the juice to see the favorite go down or win by one run. While speaking of the run line, this season by far has treated me more rudely in my many years of 'capping, giving up that -1.5 runs on the home chalk than any other. It's added a new dimension to my baseball 'capping, as I have now made it a "Rule Of Thumb" to never again use the run line on a favored home club. Basically by doing so you are putting yourself at risk of giving away 3 at bats, as it's no secret the run line is always -1.5 runs for the favored team, and when playing in their own yard heading into the top of the ninth inning up by one, and they hold their opposition to maintain that one run lead as the game ends, you have no chance of getting another run to cover that -1.5. Then there's always the possibility of extra innings. A very high percentage of games are won by one run when extra innings occur. Having used the run line on a home favored team and the game goes to extra innings, you have one hope of covering that -1.5 line and that's by someone ending the game with a long ball and a man on base, barring the visiting team never scored in their at bat...which happens rarely! With all that being said, I will remove myself from using the run line on a home team that's favored. I've accepted that it's just not a wise wagering maneuver, due to the possibility of the home team being favored winning by one run which happens all too often, is too great! For those who use the run line on a dog playing away from home catching the +1.5, personally I feel it's a much more logical move as you're guaranteed 27 at bats opening the door to get that one run that may be needed to cash.

Now to my subject "GUARANTEED Way Of Winning In The MLB?" let me first say, it's not a good practice to try'n break the book when wagering daily on baseball through out the entire season. The baseball season is a daily marathon, and should be wagered as a season-long investment. I'm confident by sharing this bit of info for those of you who agree that betting on baseball should be treated as a year long investment, I can greaten your chances of turning a profit come season's end. With so many games daily, it's very easy to over-play the number of games wagered daily. For those of you who wager more than 4-5 games a night, in my opinion you're a sport's book wet dream. Now getting to my tactic which I'll begin using next season as I feel it has a strong chance of proving to be fruitful come season's end. It's a very simple format, and I'm sure there are many others who use this wagering maneuver, but for those of you who've never given it thought, I hope you will now. Select one or two teams who are the fav's to win the World Series, and play them nightly. This year the odds makers made the Giants and Braves the heavy favorites to win this year's World Series. We have seen all year the two clubs dominate their opponents more times than not, putting money in the pockets of their backers. Thus far, the Giants are +19.60 units on the season. The Braves even more impressive +20.50 units! This method can be a money maker only if you wager the teams nightly despite any injuries, lines, pitchers etc. You must be consistant and ride them nightly even through a slump! I also feel by simply knowing the game, following a team's potential by closely watching spring training, and making yourself aware of what organizations picked up the bigger named players during the off-season in hopes of making a season-long run, this wagering tactic can also show a profit by not soley going with the season's projected World Series contenders. For anyone who felt the Royals would be a sleeper this year, and followed this format you are smiling as KC is +15.69 units. Another plus wagering over the entire season in this fashion, you are not limited to predicting teams that will flex their muscles, because finding a team that's young or just straight up horrid, you can ride that team's opponent's back nightly. A perfect example for this year, the Tigers who are -42.96 units. Just knowing the game and having basic knowledge, you all could have seen that the Tigers were going to be a severely struggling team this year.

There's no guarantee in the business of betting sports, but I sincerely feel that wagering the same amount for or against a certain team EVERY outing, ALL year long will greaten your chances of being successful at the end of the season. There's plenty of analysis and good solid early predictions on teams' strengths released by some very knowledgeable Baseball Gurus that can help you choose the team to follow this format with.

Hope this has opened the minds of many, and if you follow this format, together we can all turn a profit in a very difficult sport to 'cap. It's all about beating the book, and I feel strongly enough about this wagering method, that I've already committed to making this the backbone of a successful 2004 MLB season!

Today's selections are as follows:

OVER 10 Cincinnati Reds @ Chicago Cubs - 5 Units
    Minnesota Twins - 5 Units (+108)
    Toronto B'Jays - 5 Units (-130)
    STL Cardinals - 5 Units (+130)

Please Note: All above lines are provided by monitor

Good Luck To All!
    The Grand Wizard
    WizardofOddz
Working...
X