Chiefs Vs Ravens Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Vs Ravens Analysis

I like the Chiefs to cover the -3 line in Baltimore this week. Kansas City's offense is working on all cylinders so far this year and they have a very balanced rushing/passing game mixed in with some deadly kick returning from Dante Hall. They've outscored opponents 110-48 so far this year (San Diego, Pittsburgh, Houston). Priest Holmes should be extra pumped playing his old team for the 1st time since they decided not to re-sign him a few years ago, even though he's not saying too much to the media and there are some questions about his health, i think he's going to have a big game. I doubt Baltimore will be able to score much on the Chiefs defense, they have been very unimpressive so far this year on offense besides Jamal Lewis' running game. Baltimore's rookie QB Kyle Boller has completed just 50.6 % of his passes (41 for 81) so far this year and their wide receivers are very average, he's averaging a pathetic 109 yards per game in passing and i don't think he'll be able to exploit K.C's secondary very well, which is probably their biggest weakness. Kansas City's offense is 4th in the league, averaging 366 ypg (152 rushing)/214 passing) and their defense is ranked 9th in stopping the rush (their only giving up 77 yards a game on the ground) which is what they should primarily have to face/stop on sunday with Jamal Lewis because i just don't see Baltimore's passing game doing much. Kansas City's defense has improved this year and they've already stuffed running backs such as Tomlinson in week 1 to 34 yards, and Zereoue in week 2 to 48 yards rushing.......these running backs' abilities are similiar to Jamal Lewis'. Don't expect Lewis to be breaking any rushing records this week vs K.C, he'll probably have a solid day of about 120 yards rushing since Baltimore relies more on the running game but i don't feel it's going to be enough to win the game for them. Trent Green plays a very efficient game for the Chiefs so i don't see him making any major mistakes or the Baltimore defense making many big plays. Moreover, K.C's in 1st place and Tony Gonzalez STILL hasn't done anything this year....i think he's due for a breakout game soon. These teams havn't played each other since 1999 when K.C won 35-8 in Baltimore and i think this favours the Chiefs and their offense...Baltimore hasn't had a chance to see it 1st hand yet, only on tape...and Baltimore's defense just isn't what it used to be when they won the Superbowl. Don't let K.C's spotty road record over the past few years scare you, this team has improved and i definitely think there worth a play at -3 this week, at worst i think this game will be a push....Baltimore's just too one dimensional right now. Good luck everyone

Thanks for the write up and I agree with you 100%. Of course I am 0-3 in the game of teh week, so I'm not sure what that means exactly.
    As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

i like KC also....but i also liked that big boat, the titanic i think it was called...

Comment

Working...
      X