Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is resting starters this weekend in the NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is resting starters this weekend in the NFL?

Let's start a thread for news about teams resting starters for the playoffs and teams out of the race giving younger players a look in week 17. Most of the playoff teams are still playing for a bye week or to get in. Green Bay and Minnesota are kicking off at the same time, so I expect both teams to go all out to pick up a W. Same goes for Tennessee and Indy.

The only possibilities I see for resting starters are KC if New England wins Saturday to clinch home field, Baltimore if Cincy lays an egg early Sunday, and St. Louis if Philly loses Saturday.

Please post here if you have read or heard news on this topic. Thanks and good luck!

I am keep ing my eyes open for any info that comes along. It looks like you have the games and info that I have too. I have not heard naything else on others.

I will post if I find anything else.

I like GB and Minny in their must-win games. I also like Indy. I will probably be playing a few two-team teasers with all the 6.5-8 favorite spreads right now.

Lookig aT iNDY PK/Minny pk for my teaser of the week. That may end up being my only play besider the Bears +10 at KC. I heard the weather in KC is going to be great and possibly around 65.

Comment

I just came across ths quote - take it for what it is worth. Carolina cannot move up or down in playoff positioning this weekend, so you may expect them to ease up. But here is a quote from head coach John Fox, "The idea of building momentum going into the playoffs is critical." It may be coach speak, but it may also be a little indication of their intent against a weaker opponent this week.

I also expect Parcells to have a similar attitude. He has been playing psychologist all year with his young team, and I expect him to treat this as a playoff game. He needs his players convinced they can win against a quality team on the road after getting beat at Tampa 16-0, at New England 12-0, and at Philly 36-10. The Cowboys have not beaten a quality team on the road this year, and catching a New Orleans team in shell-shock and missing Joe Horn may be his opportunity.

Comment

shell shock? AINTS woulda still needed a series of miracles to make playoffs even if carney makes that PAT...AND if they would have won in OT which was no gimmee either....i just love all the blame that fell on carney when aaron "butterfingers" brooks is the big reason these stiffs werent going anywhere......

Comment

Working...
        X