View from the Window Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View from the Window Perch

Sorry to miss the fun, mates. Apparently, I do better when I don't post anyhow. A tough slate as the oddsmakers did their job by posting fair-value lines, making the selections difficult at best.

Tennessee won in ugly fashion, despite an early short circuit by Steve McNair, missed opportunities, untimely injuries. All i can figure is that if the Titans weren't suffering from the Black Cat curse, they probably would have won by 30 points. As it were, they were a wee bit lucky to plunder the win.

Carolina and Dallas held the undercard of the weekend and the match graded out as even as it gets beforehand. Probably the one main card in Dallas favor was the -8 ratio held by the Panthers. Of course, that's only helpful if the Panthers actually turn over the ball. Now we are left to wonder if Carolina has been laying possum waiting for their turn to play for something tangible, or if they just found an easy mark in the overachieving cowboys. Because of Carolina's recent failures, the Cowboys were an attractive mark that proved not to be.

But lets skip away from 20/20 hindsight:

"under" players have much to fear in the high-octane matchup of Denver vs. Indy. It is worth noting that of the two starting QBs, only one of them has ever won a playoff game. With the Cardinals. Ironic, isn't it? Much of Manning's season has seemed like idle time leading up to this game. His whole season -- if not life and career -- seems to have been about this one game. Dungy himself hasn't exactly had his best coaching days in the playoffs either, yet he seemed refocused in the wake of last year's embarrassment. Is this a day of reckoning for the league co-MVP in a pre-destined Superbowl march? Or another embarrassment led by a soft defense that has sprung more than a few leaks in the final lap? I'm going to go out on a big limb and say: Indy win, no cover. How's that for guts? With two highly dangerous QBs/teams when it comes to come-from-behind victories, it may just be a matter of who has the ball last. In that case, the wise man takes the points and waits to see who kicks the last field goal.

I don't care if you believe or don't believe in teams of destiny, but the point is that THEY believe it. And that THEY believe it is enough to be scared to death of the Packers. Seattle strikes me as the one team in the playoffs who truly is a sheep in wolf's clothing. They don't have the defense to be a contender. See 2-6 on the road for more evidence. You got to be a bit afraid that the Packers can't pull 3 straight blowouts, so I'll just give them a nod for a 10 point win. The one thing that truly should frighten you about laying Green Bay is the Ahman Green fumbles -- they could be the end of the Pack. More importantly, both defenses are opportunistic about interceptions and neither QB is truly above a stupid play that could sink the ship.

DON'T LET THE BLACK CAT CROSS Y-O-U-R PATH!
Working...
X