Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday NHL Play of the Day

St louis Blues -1/2 -105 over the Florida Panthers, game starts 5pm

St Louis' Goalie Chris Osgood is 11-1-5 in his career vs Florida and he shut them out 2-0 earlier in the year in their only meeting of the season so far. St. Louis has a decent road record at 9-9-1 and Florida's home record is 9-8-5. The Blues are a very solid team and have a 24-13-6 record (6 points behind Detriot for 1st place in the division with 3 games in hand)while Florida is one of the worst teams in the league at 15-19-10. A lot of youngsters play on Florida and they make a lot of defensive mistakes but they do have one of the best goalies in the league in Roberto Luongo and he bails them out a lot. An example is their last game vs Tampa on saturday.....Florida gets out shot 51-15 but they still managed to win the game 2-1, Luongo played amazing. However, I don't think Luongo can do it again in back-to-back games vs a veteran St. Louis team that capitilizes on weak defensive teams such as Florida. Moreover, Florida's been hit with the injury bug lately... Nathan Horton, Florida's 3rd leading goal scorer is out for the season, Jay Bouwmeester(one of their top 2 defenseman and 6th leading point scorer) got hurt in their last game and he's gone 6-8 weeks and their 3rd leading point scorer Victor Kozlov left the last game with a toe injury and did not return, he probably won't play vs the Blues either. St. louis' powerplay is one of the best in the NHL (ranked 5th) and Florida's penalty killing is one of the worst (ranked 27th) so St. Louis definitely has the ability to make Florida pay if they take some dumb penalties. Look for the Blues to score at least 1 powerplay goal vs the Panthers, i'm guessing probably 2 though. This is enough for a small play on ST. Louis in my opinion, they usually take advantage of the lower-level teams in the league such as Florida.

St. Louis wins 2-1 in overtime, got lucky here, Pavol Demitra scores on a breakaway as he strips the puck away from a Florida defenseman....Luongo played really well in net for Florida.

Comment

Working...
    X