Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado vs Atlanta

Colorado Avalanche -1/2, -110 over Atlanta Thrashers

this isn't a PLAY OF THE DAY but i still have a small wager on them, there on a good streak right now and i'm gonna ride them until they lose a game, this is their 2nd game in 2 nights but i think they should be ok, their offense is really clicking right now. Their #1 goalie David Aebischer will be playing in net for them too after getting a rest on wednesday vs Florida so their goaltending will be better than it was vs Florida tonight. Atlanta's defense isn't that good and teams without solid defenseman have trouble containing the offensive stars that play on Colorado. Atlanta's current coach Bob Hartley used to coach Colorado last year but he fell out of favour with a lot of the players near the end of his tenure and got fired after the team struggled.....i'm sure Colorado would love to win against him. Atlanta is basically a 1 line team and they aren't very well-rounded...they've won 2 straight games against below-average teams but they were in a 9 game winless streak before that so they've been struggling. Their top centre and 2nd leading scorer Marc Savard has been injured for the past little while and he is out for this game too, also 2 of their top defenseman in Andy Sutton and Chris Tamer are also out. Their defense is made up of a bunch of no-names and their goaltending is average. I doubt a bunch of no-name defenseman can stop this Colorado offense so i think this is a decent betting opportunity but i could see an outside shot of this game being a 3-3 tie or something around there, that and the fact its Colorado's 3rd game in 4 nights is why i'm a little hesitant to have it as a Play of the Day but i still feel pretty strongly about Colorado's chances....the OVER on the total of 5 1/2 goals looks decent too as Atlanta usually scores a few but i think i'll lay off it and just stick to playing the side.

Also might play Ottawa Senators - 1.5 goals - 175 over Pittsburgh Penguins as the Penguins are just brutal and i can't see them taking out a hot Ottawa team but i hate 1.5 goal lines.

What the heck, i'm upgrading this to a PLAY OF THE DAY......POD record is 6-1 so far in the NHL. You might want to read my post from yesterday if your considering a play on Colorado for this game, i have some info on Colorado that you may find useful.

Comment

game ends in a 1-1 tie, Colorado played a little flat tonight..only 21 shots on goal...might've been from playing 3 games in 4 nights.

Comment

Working...
      X