Monday NBA Play of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday NBA Play of the Day

Minnesota Timberwolves -1.5 over the Denver Nuggets...game starts at 9pm.

POD record at 7-2

Minnesota and Denver both played games tonight, with Minny winning 99-95 over Phoenix, and Denver losing to Memphis 106-88. Minny is on a 4 game win streak and denver has lost 2 straight. Denver's home record is a solid 17-7 but minny's one of the best road teams and are at 15-7. These teams played at the beginning of the season on nov. 18th with the T-wolves winning 89-76 at home, holding denver to 32% shooting. The Wolves were not the team they are today when they last played denver and they still handled denver fairly easily.....minny is much improved as they are now tied with sacramento for the best record in the NBA. Sprewell and Cassell scored only 8 and 6 points in their last matchup and they STILL won. Sprewell and Cassell are a much bigger part of the offense now and their in sync with their teammates a lot more than at the beginning of the year. Look for them to cover this 1.5 line fairly easily as Denver is struggling a bit right now. Garnett only scored 19 points tonight vs Phoenix and Sprewell only scored 4, these two rarely have two sub-par scoring nights in a row and Sam Cassell is one of the hottest players in the league right now.....a solid betting situation here, i got a decent wager on Minny......good luck.

Once again, Nice call!

Natty

Comment

Thanks Natty, Denver played a lot better than i expected though. I only watched the last 5 mins of the game and Sprewell stepped up with the tip-in for the winning basket....i'm glad i got the line at 1.5 before it had moved to 2.

Nothing really sticks out as a "PLAY OF THE DAY" type wager in the NBA or NHL on Tuesday's card.....i think i might just end up playing a few very small wagers in the NHL. I like to pick my spots for Average to High-level wagers and usually just wager on 1 game a day.....i just try and pick out the 1 game i feel strongest about and usually don't even bother playing the other games that i have a "strong lean" on.....i find this works really well for me and losing streaks are avoided as i only wager on my very top picks.....i realized betting on 3-4 games a day doesn't work well for me even if i do happen to have a "strong lean" on them. I've also learned that patience and discipline are 2 of the best qualities a handicapper can have when choosing games to wager on....i try to be very selective of games nowadays.

I got 2 small wagers on NJ and Phoenix tonight in the NHL.

New Jersey Devils -1/2, -135 over Columbus Blue Jackets--Devils always play Jackets well and they're one of the best teams in the NHL while Colombus is one of the worst teams in the league. NJ usually shuts down one-dimensional teams like these with their stifling defensive pressure which leads to turnovers....Columbus won't have much room to manouvre in this game but they do have the home ice advantage where there 11-10-4. New Jersey is 12-4-7 on the road. Plus NJ has the best goalie in the NHL in Martin Brodeur.....i like this betting situation.

Phoenix Coyotes on the Moneyline(-130) at home over Calgary Flames....playing the moneyline here to protect against a tie game as i could see this game being 2-2 or something.
      Phoenix's goalie Brian Boucher is playing amazing right now and they are chasing the Flames in the standings and closing in on a playoff spot....Phoenix is 7-3-2 in their last 12 games while calgary is 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. Bottom line is that Phoenix is fairly hot right now and Calgary is not plus their goaltending has also struggled....good enough for me to take a small wager on the Coyotes. Phoenix 8-8-3 at home and Calgary's 11-8-1 on the road. I don't feel either of these 2 games are worth a lot of $$ though just because i know many better betting situations will come along down the road in the NHL season....good luck.

Comment

Nice call on the twolves!! I was with you on it.

I agree with all your comments 110%. I have tried to play my top plays and then more that have good enough value that should win but it never really works out that way.

I am trying to stick with my top 2 plays--basically ones I post in here and maybe do 1/4 to 1/2 unit wagers on others if I feel they warrant a play.

I have been down the road of betting 7-10 games a day hoping that a lot of games will = a lot of profit. But you can also lose all or most of them and be screwed down the road.

Disipline is the key and I still have a hard time with that but I am getting better by the day. NCAA hoops are very tough right now and I am finding better 'spot' in the NBA that have made money.

Good luck Sleep and stop by the other POD from time to time.

ps I like your NHL wagers for tonight too.

Comment

i like the Phoenix pick a little better after doing some more research.....they're 11-3-2 in their last 16 meetings vs calgary, i put a little more $ on them............good luck tonight.

Comment

i put a small wager on Dallas/Seattle game to go under 212 too......i think the score is gonna be in the 195-205 range, i usually stay away from over/unders unless i see a line that i feel is inflated.

Comment

Working...
            X