X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Selection

02/01

Carolina Panthers + 7 over New England Patriots

Both teams are riding major highs, with the Patriots (16-2) earning the edge off winning 14 straight. (12-2 ATS)

I thought Carolina's (14-5) amazing run would end last week but the hard trying Panthers have refused to fold. In the first round, the Panthers routed Dallas 29-10, a team ranked second in the NFL allowing 16.2 ppg. In round two, they scratched out a win at (8-1 home) St. Louis 29-23, an ultra tough visitors venue. And last week go to Phily, vs. some of the most rabid fans, and dominate the Eagles 14-3, a team 11-1 last 12 games.

New England rates the nod straight up but points get the call.

Best of luck Everyone.

I am with you, i am leaning toward Carolina +7, but the only statistic thats keepin me on the wall right now is that you and everyone else thinks that the Patriots will win. Well the Winner of the Super Bowl is 31-3-3 ats. So Thats what has me hesitating here! The fact that the winner always covers the number. Whats a man to do!?!?!?!?!

Comment

I personally rated New England the 'nod.' I totally believe Carolina has a shot to win the deal straight up, especially with a roll or two. I didn't enter the playoffs thinking that way but after watching them the past few weeks, they're not a longshot. They believe they can win this game, and they can. The scenario reminds somewhat of the Patriots coming from the clouds to upset the heavily favored Rams a few years back.

Best of luck!

Comment

N.E-31 PANTHERS-17 reasons:QB more years experience,been here before,young QB likely too throw several interceptions on NE blitz,weather good for both teams belief is more trust worthy offense NE WILL SCORE IN THIS GAME..

Comment

The "true" experts of the handicapping world (I am not one of them) will have the easy selection this Sunday! After many years of trying to get access to this "inner cirlce" of elite cappers, I have found a way to get their picks. Every single one of them has the same story for this Super Bowl. Carolina will be clocked in the chin by a far more superior team. Their reasoning: I can't reveal all, but the main reasoning behind the predicted laugher is that Carolina has proved nothing. Dallas might have been the worst team in the playoffs, the Rams were probably the team in the biggest spiral downward, and the Eagles, who rely on one player, lost him! So what have the Panthers proved? On the other side of the ball, the Patriots have beaten the top teams in the league and will have no problem with this "good" Carolina squad. We will all be watching another channel by half-time. Carolins has no shot to win, and no shot to cover.
          C.B. CLUTCH

Comment

Sounds like you're betting the ranch on your sure thing, must be nice to have those come your way.

Nothing left to say. Time to get to the getting. Play the game.

Best of luck.

By the way, I've been betting sports for coming on thirty years - there are no 'true' experts, except for the Mob when they want to be.

Comment

^^^^^^^^...Vegas I couldnt have said it better my friend....Good Luck to you!

Comment

i get a kick out of these people who post
                the lock of the century and they have
                a history of like 2 posts on bettorsworld.
                this is hilarious. happens whenever there
                is a big game. these guys are usually
                good to fade, so keep posting you
                chumps, you might get up to 6 or 7
                posts to add to your credibility by
                kickoff.

-mikegoody-

Comment

HAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!
                  We will see how much your thirty years of experience holds up!
                  There are truely great handicappers out there...I don't need to defend or mention them...I am not one of them...they simply get inside information that the public will never hear...as for quoting the number of "post" or "replys" people have on here, that is a joke...if you are on here everyday, you clearly dont know what your doing...you think because you write some picks on an internet forum you some sort of genius...you are all lightweights in this "business"...handicapping has nothing to do with your knowledge in sports...there are so many other factors that all you amateurs have no clue about.......HAVE FUN ON YOUR FORUM BOYS- I'LL BE FILLING MY POCKETS!!!

Comment

If you can tell me these wise guys know FOR SURE who's going to win - then you're telling me a fix is in, which would be an extreme longshot to be in on such a deal. And it sure wouldn't come out in the forums.

I'm out. Will check back after the game.

Comment

After looking at this game, my play is going to be NE on the money line.
                      After cutting through all of the hype for this came, I came to this conclusion:

Carolina's offense follows a script. They love to pound the ball and their offense is at its best when they have the lead and they can play in their comfort zone. In order to succeed they need 3rd and short situations. This is where the problem lies. New England's defense is unlike anything Carolina has seen in the playoffs. Their front line excels at stopping the run and their defensive backs are among the best.

I see NE getting ahead early and Carolina struggling outside of their comfort zone.

Comment

I am laying the floor with twenty spots

NE all the way

Also laying with the under

Carpet

Semper Fi....

Comment

Hey guys. I have had internet probs all weekend so this is the first time I have been in all weekend.

I can't see a good bet either way in this game. I teased the pats and the over. NE pk/Over 30.5.

Played a few proprs too but my best is UNDER 38.5 for the longest TD scored in the game. d

My lock of the year is on the coin toss. My inside info said they are using a double-headed coin so I am putting the house on HEADS!!! You heard it hear first and the fix is in!!

Good luck and everyone have a good day. I am not betting too much and hope to win my pools I am in.

Comment

My pick is New England -7 +100, I am also leaning on the over.

Good Luck to all!
                            [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

To cbraun77s-(the man with the 4 posts)

A bit of advice,

You need to watch what you say and stop talking smack. Nothing is for sure and there is no "inside" info unless it's injuries.
                              Quoting your smack talk you said "HAVE FUN ON YOUR FORUM BOYS- I'LL BE FILLING MY POCKETS!!!"..now you're just filling your pockets with Rocks.

I personally love it when people post there opinions..just not there "locks" or "inside info".

Natty

PS. I had Carolina+7
                              Last edited by natty; 02-02-2004, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X