Wisconsin at Illinois 2-18-04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin at Illinois 2-18-04

Illinois will host Wisconsin next wed the 18th of Feb for a battle of first in the Big Ten.

Illinois has alot of "Payback" to deliver.

Early peak at the game....

Illinois is 5-0 SU vs Wisconsin (Whisky)... In champaign

Illinois Defense is smothering allowing just 59.2 ppg at home while scoring an average of 79.8...

Whisky is scoring an average of 61 ppg on the road.

Whisky is not a great road team, much like the Illini, they both play real well at home..

This game is a book's nightmare.....

Whisky sent Illinois a early wake up call last month in cheese land, and the Illini have really turned it around since.

As many of you may know I follow Illinois very close, in fact I am laser beamed in on them. In my opinion, Illinois is playing the best basketball over the last 4 games I have seen a team play in a long time...

I will post more insights to this game and all comments are welcome..

Good Luck to all,

Carpet

Semper Fi.
    Last edited by Carpet; 02-11-2004, 08:21 PM.

Whisky dodges a bullet (last second shot miss by Iowa) and wins 54-52 in Iowa...

The Badgers are not a good road team period.

This year

AT Maryland LOST 73-67

AT Alabama LOST 71-56

AT Purdue LOST 53-51

AT Northwestern LOST 69-51

AT Iowa WON 54-52 (and should of lost)

In these road games wisconsin averages an offensive out put of just 55 a game.....

Illinois has a week to rest and prepare for the Badgers visit....

More to follow,

All comments welcome....

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

Illinois last 5 wins have held the opposition to a combined average of just 51.0 points a game.

These teams consist of PSU, MICH,IND, MINN and MSU. Illinois is held these teams to a combined 34% from the floor in shooting and just 29% from the arc.... Now that's DEFENSE

Wisconsin dismantled Ohio State at home (Nothing to really brag about) last game. They are facing Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State next 3 games.

Wisky does a great job in drawing the foul, and they will work very hard drawing Illinois big men into foul trouble. They do not, repeat...do not play well on the road........

Bo Ryan Wisky's head coach ( a man I respect) said monday regarding Illinois...

" Illinois energy level is very high, they are playing very well, Yes they are playing better"........

Illinois is again painting the hall ORANGE for this game, this will be a very tough place to play as a visitor. When Bo Ryan was asked about the sea of orange his players will see Wed night, he simply said " I won't address it with my players"

My numbers say the line opens Illinois -6-5....

Illinois will cover this spread....

More to follow.....all comments welcome....

Good Luck to all,

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

I heard the Illini radio show today and just by the talk and enthusiasm by weber and fans, it will be crazy there for the game.

Weber wants the crowd to be pumped for it and they will defintely be the 6th man the Illini need to cover the number!!

Good luck and thanks for the info.

Comment

I think the line might be more in the 8 range. I don't like the Badgers chances of winning in Illinois.

That said, I think a low scoring game is in order. Covering a big number could be problematic against a team the does not turn the ball over, has the best player in the conference, and the best coach in the conference.

I'm really looking forward to this game, and will not be wagering on it.

Go Bucky!!
          Race you to the windows!

Comment

Illinois opens up a 4.5 early favorite.......................

Whisky moves up to 11th in the AP poll....There is alot of respect for this team....

Over rated in my opinion, to be in the top 10 or 11 you must play good on the road.

Wisconsin is not deep on the bench and vs Illinois they will need to be..

Ohio State coach Jim O'Brien said after the Badgers shot 20 first half free throws against his team " Wisconsin prides itself on not fouling, and I think that's a myth"

Illinois will serve this statement to be true.....

Last game Illinois lost by 34 on the road to Wisky ( NOTE: the books nightmare in landing a line for this game)

Now go figure.....Illinois is a 4-5 favorite against a top 11 ten.....

I am laying with Illinois .......

Carpet

Good Luck to all,

Semper Fi.....

Comment

I gotta tell you, I really don't want to play this game, but only laying 4 is awfully tempting.
              Race you to the windows!

Comment

Illinois wins 65-57 and covers the 4.5 spread...

Illinois D was excellent....Deron Williams sophmore guard was spectacular scoring 31 pts ....

What a great game..... Wisky is a very good team, well coached and can run the drills to perfection.

Illinois DEFENSE rose to the challenge...Illinois is playing GREAT DEFENSE.....Period.......

Illinois is a Top 20 team, no doubt in my military mind...they just beat a #10 AP team.....

I layed it all on the line for this game, endless hours of study, research, and pure concentration for this game ( that's me for the most part) and it payed off......

Semper Fi...

Carpet

Comment

Carpet . . .

did someone miss a memo? Illinois at home wearing orange with Wisconsin in their road reds?

That was brutal to watch. Announcers couldn't even tell who got rebounds.

Someone messed that up.
                  Race you to the windows!

Comment

You are right Wild... It was brutal to watch, only a true fan like you and I could stand it....

Illinois in Orange and Wisky in Red, a players...referees, coaches and fans nightmare

Illinois said today they WOULD NOT REQUEST Wisky to wear white jerseys 'The Badgers play to well in white"......

Illinois said they would wear white, allowing Wisky the red....Come game time, the Illini came out in ORANGE.....

They usually don't lose in ORANGE.......believe it or not....

A huge win regardless of color....

Carpet

Comment

That's the story? Oh boy. . . .superstition at the expense of the fans.

Have a feeling Delaney going to have something to say about this one.

Illinois defense in the second half was fantastic. Thought Wisconsin might get them when they cut it to 1. Illinois responded well. They are definitely improving at the right time. Very dangerous.

Can't figure out who's a bigger waste of 7 feet. Dave Mader or Nick Smith.
                      Race you to the windows!

Comment

Carpet,
                        I gotta give you credit, you're pretty good at picking these Illini games. Too bad I only took Illinois on the money line.

Comment

Carpet,

Thanks for the breakdown on this game. I played it because of your breakdown and made a few sheckles!!!

Take care and keep it up.

Natty

You need to get back over to the POD thread!

Comment

Nice call again. It was the only game I called in while I was on vacation and it was a nice winner!!

Saw the 2nd half and it was brutal to watch plus I had a few cocktails too which doubled the difficulty of finding out who was who.

Anyway, nice call and thanks for the pick.

I will get back to the POD as soon asd I look over the week that i missed.

Comment

Working...
                            X