Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOODIE : Your thoughts on Illinois vs Iowa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOODIE : Your thoughts on Illinois vs Iowa...

Illinois comes calling Wed night to Iowa, I dont know much about this scrappy team...

Iowa seems to play very good defense at home allowing just 61 pts a game, while Illinois does not play that well on the road scoring just 66 pts a game.

Iowa holds a 49-16 advantage over Illinois in games played in Iowa City, The last time Illinois won in Iowa was the year 2000.

Illinois is 3-2-0 ATS vs Iowa at Carver Center.

The last time these 2 teams played, Iowa held an early lead and a 12-0 run put Illinois on top winning 88-82 in Campaign.

Last Game Illinois Center James Augustine was hurt he is healthy now, Illinois was struggling to find Coach Webers Offensive scheme, they have found it...

What can you tell me about this team? Are they tenacious on D at home, can they shoot the rock, and are they healthy? Another Illinois problem is ZONE D, how is Iowa's ZONE DEFENSE?

Thanks

Carpet

Iowa has been up and down all year so inconsistent is the best way to describe them--A Hard team to cap.

I know that the Illinois game is a big deal to them especially coming off the earlier loss at Illinois.

As far as the zone D, they have not played too much this year but have thrown in a little from time to time and i would expect to see a little vs. the Illini.

Iowa has had great Guard play from Boyd and Horner the past few games but have struggled in the post which could be the deciding factore in the game now that Illinois center is healthy.

I will read the local paper later today to catch up on other things. It is a big game around my area too because we sit so close to the IA/IL border so I should have a great preview today and on Wednesday so I will check back with more local info later.

Comment

Woodie12 thank you for your response...

Your are right on point with your insight regarding how hard it is to cap Iowa... I am laser beamed in on this game....

The first thing I am looking at is the last 5 game performance of each team, also just how well each team plays at home vs. the road. And the list goes on......

Iowa is tough at home allowing just 61 a game, a very physical team.. They are a much better team rebounding the ball on both sides of the board than Illinois. (FACTOR)

Illinois defense last 5 games is rock solid, holding the opponents to just 56 points a game... (FACTOR)

Iowa shoots the rock with a much better % than Illinois, (but) the number of shots put up by Iowa fails to compare to the Illini's attempts... Illinois Defense is solid in limiting 3 pt shots (Neutral).

Iowa is not deep on the bench as the Illini are and can not afford to get into a foul shooting match... (MINOR)

Illinois on the road is a problem for me.....They do not play ball the entire game....They play just well enough to stay in it and win the last 2 minutes.... (Point spread factor)

This is a Super Tough game to call...My numbers indicate the line should open up Illinois by 6.0......

Woodie let me know your thoughts, and all are welcome to add valuable insight...

Carpet

Semper Fi.

Comment

Illinois opens up a 1.5 chalk.....a line just to hard to believe......

I know Illinois has not won in IOWA since the year 2000....but calling the game a toss up ???

Still wondering if this is a trap game?

Comment

Don't understand this line at all.

One of the big Factors you mentioned was the depth of Iowas bench. The starters play a lot of minutes and any foul trouble is very bad for Iowa as they only have glorified practice squad guys after there top 8 guys.

Illinois needs a nice, quality road win to move up in the NCAA seeding race--and Iowa is all but out of the race for a NCAA berth and playing for the NIT.

I like Illinois and the -1 right now and can't see why they are not 3-4 point favs.

Strange line, I may watch it throughout the day to see if I uncover any more info that may help.

Comment

I'm with you guys. I'm a little suspicious of this line. As a Big Ten guy, I know how important the home court is in this conference. But rebounding is also a huge factor. And with Sonderleiter and Reiner done for the year, I don't see how Iowa will be able to win this one. There are quite a few things that needs to go Iowa's way in this one. First, the guards (Pierce, Boyd, Horner) have to stay out of foul trouble. Secondly, they either need to shoot well from the perimeter or get a lot of transition buckets (due to the aforementioned lack of inside presence). They also need to find a way to stop Illinois from pounding it inside on them. But I also know how tough it is to get a road victory in the Big Ten and how rowdy the Hawkeye crowd can get (especially in a big game situation). Both teams have a lot to play for tonight.

I think that this game is a no play, but if I had to pick a side, I would have to think Illinois and that would be a very small play.

Comment

I am going to put a very small play on Illinois tonight, my number show Illinois by 6.....

Comment

Played Illinois too for a normal play for me. I still think it is the play based on Iowa's inconsistent play and lack of inside game. I don't think Iowa's shooters will do much tonight.

Got it at Illini -1 (buying the 1/2).

My big play is Iowa State -4 (now 5.5 at some places).

Good Luck and good discussion win or lose.

Comment

Illinois put's up a solid road victory over Iowa winning 78-59, not an easy task in Iowa.

The Book is all over the board with the Illini (calling the Iowa game Ill -1.5) I look for another book mistake coming up when they cap Illinois at home vs Northwestern on Saturday Feb 28th.

Illinois has won 7 straight Big Ten games and are playing the best defense I have seen in a long long time. This team is starting to PLAY ball at the right time... A TOP 20 TEAM no doubt...

Can you spell "PAYBACK" ?.....

Illinois lost to Northwestern at NW earlier in the year, Illinois is in the hunt for a Big Ten championship.... The Illini continue to wear Orange Jerseys and the winning ways continue.

The next game comes down to a single factor......What line has the book come up with, my early numbers show it high somewhere around 20.......

Good luck to all and thanks for your valuable input..

Carpet,

Semper Fi...

Comment

I did not pay attention when I watched the game but did the Illini have on their orange?

I thought I read today that the Big 10 sent a memo about the off colored jerseys after the painful sight of the Wiscy game.

I was too happy cashing the easy ticket to even look.

Iowa loses and Iowa State comes back for the cover after being down by 9 for my other win. Nice night, too bad its not like this all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X