MSU vs. UM tonight- Your Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU vs. UM tonight- Your Thoughts?

Tonights game in Ann Arbor is a big one for both teams. Michigan State must win in order to maintain their lead in the Big Ten and pick up a crucial road win to boost their confidence and prove they're not impotent on the road. Michigan needs to win in order to keep their slim tournament hopes alive and show that they are no longer the Spartans whipping boy.
    Recent history has dictated that MSU is the superior team (6-2 ATS and 7-1 SU in the last 8 meetings). However, these stats can be thrown out the window. Michigan State has lost a lot of talent to the NBA and CBA (Marcus Taylor). While the Wolverines have started to get quality recruits and new life under Tommy Amaker.
    Michigan is strong at home (13-2 SU) and MSU is weak on the road (3-6). Another thing to look at is Michigan is 11-1 SU as a chalk and MSU is 0-6 SU as a dog.
    As much as I hate Michigan, and as much as this kills me, my play is going to have to be Michigan on the money line.
    My strongest play in this game is definately going to be the over.
    Michigan State seems to still have the tag of being a tough defensive team that has followed them from their championship days. Nothing could be farther from the truth, they want to run at anytime possible and try to wear out the opponent with their depth. This suits Michigan well as they like to play an open court game. Take the over on anything under 137 and make a huge play on anything under 130.

Please give me some feedback and let me know if I'm missing anything in this analysis.
Working...
X