Illinois vs Purdue 3-3-04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois vs Purdue 3-3-04

A classic battle is shaping up in West Lafayette for tommorrow night as 20th ranked Illinois play Purdue at home...

Illinois is riding a 8 game winning streak which is the 3rd longest current streak this year behind St Joe (26) and Stanford (25)

In the month of February Illinois was 7-0 marking the first time in over 50 years they went undefeated in February.

The last 9 wins for Illinois the DEFENSE has stepped up to the task, holding opponents to 38% from the floor and a 54 point total level.

DEFENSE

Purdue leads the big 10 in FG defense holding teams to 40% from the floor, Illinois is second at 42%

Purdue is looking to get to the big dance, while Illinois is looking straight at a Big Ten title winning out right next 2 games....

This will be a defensive battle.....

PLAYERS

James Augustine, 6-10 sophmore out of Lincoln Way HS in the center of coach Webers attention, the kid has been in a slump latley and was benched last game in the second half for lack of intensity. Early season this kid was the first down the court, scoring and in on every play, landing 10 double doubles, now he is walking....I think the kid got the message......

Purdue, Kiefer 6-10 fwd in listed day to day, Boker is out, Kantelo is having off court issues...

Illinois smells blood and will want to avenge their only home loss this year.. The Illini would love to give coach weber a victory in the same arena he coach for over 18 years under keady.

I just dont see the depleted team of Purdue getting it done vs Illinois..

This will be a tight game, a defensive battle with Illinois pulling away late via the free thrown line...

My numbers show Illinois by 6...

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi

All comments welcome....

Michigan State loses to Wisconsin on home turf, just what the young Illini were asking for..... The Purdue game remains job one for this team to win the BIG 10, step one of two games left.....

OSU remains on the docket for Illinois and they will roll over them...

Comment

Illinois opens up a early line 2.0 favorite (Thanks woodie for the info) grab it while you can...

This game will be a war....The way I see it .....Purdue will be hurting inside ( a wounded bear) and the will play two types of ball...Outside game which will kill them and tough on the block Defense which will send Illinois to the line often...

The wounded bear ( a loss to WISKY) has had 3 days to listen to Gene Keady and feel his wrath....Every player will come to play for Purdue you can count on that.....

The under jumps off the table....... Also Illinois by 2.0

good luck to all

Carpet

Comment

What a great battle and game, as Illinois wins by 2 at Purdue in OT....

These kids layed it all on the floor winning the 9th straight game and 5th on the road.

The line moved to 1 and I locked in, my numbers said Illinois by 6.0

Illinois can clinch the Big ten title out right winning at Ohio State and there is no doubt in my military mind they will roll over OSU by double digits.

The Big Ten tourney is coming and I say throw out the spread, never know what may happen this this tourney...."Very hard to Cap"

I am saving the best for last, laser beamed in on the line at OSU I am sure it will be high expect some where around 15

Carpet

Semper Fi....

Comment

Nice call. Close win. I ended up playing them SU on the money-line.

See you for the OSU game. The tourney is going to be a tough one to cap.

I watched Iowa and Northwestern completely suck against each other last night. What a sloppy game--nobody wanted to win.
          Painful to watch.

Northwestern does a great job of controlling the tempo which may spell trouble for someone in the first-round.

Iowa just plain sucks. No inside play at all. A lot of missed 3's and turnovers.

Comment

Working...
          X