Illinois vs Ohio State Sunday NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois vs Ohio State Sunday NCAA

Illinois 21-5 is on the road again riding a 9 game winning streak..

A win at Purdue has Illinois a lock for at least a share of the Big Ten title, these young Illini want more than just a share, they want the title OUTRIGHT...

Illinois played Ohio State (OSU) in January this year winning by 22 covering a 15 point spread at home.. The last time these 2 teams played, Illinois Center Nick Smith 7-2 Junior scored 22 points not missing a shot and was 9-9 at the free throw line...

Illinois also played OSU without Luther Head, a real high caliber athlete who will be ready to play Sunday for sure...

OSU has started 11 different starting line up's this year and a shuffle is again going to take place.

OSU Coach Jim Obrien was asked about Illinois playing for the title vs his team and he said 'I don't care what they are playing for"

OSU does not match up at all with Illinois, thin on the bench, relying on the 3 point shot to stay close, no defense to speak of..

The only way Illinois loses to OSU sunday is if they just cant find the stadium.

I know the book will be all over this line, my numbers show the line to come in at 15, but my game numbers shows Illinois by 20..

More to follow, all comments welcome.....

Carpet

Semper Fi...
    Last edited by Carpet; 03-04-2004, 08:23 PM.

Carpet, I respect your opinion, especially when teams from the state of illinois are involved but if you're gonna give me ohio state plus 15 points at home against this slightly above average team, I'll take the buckeyes for the limit! Tell me you're not serious about the 15 point spread.

Comment

Ya Illinois is not that great of a team. They play in a weak conference, (probably the weakest of the major conferences this year)....and I had Northwestern + the points last week, and if the line is anywhere near that on this game I will do the same.......especially with the way the Big 10 plays ball, The slow down....really low scoring game where points are at a premium.....a 15 point line is like a 25 point line in the ACC......Im with u Monroe, if this game is 15 + im with the points!

Comment

Gentlemen I appreciate your comments and will file them away for future reference.

Illinois is a top 18 team and with a solid win on Sunday should be a # 4 regional seed in the midwest.

I pray the line comes in low, alot lower than 15, Illinois will not play slow down ball in this game, OSU relys on the 3 point shot, I look for a full court runnning game for Illinois.

Let's see where the line falls, Tonight Wisconsin opened up a 5.0 favorite vs Indiana at Indy for Saturday, I was shocked it was so low, granted Wisky is not a great road team they are a far better team than Indiana.

Regardless of the line subject, my numbers show Illinois by 20...

Thanks for your feed back fella's, it is what this forum is all about...

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

Got it at -8 ealy at Olympic.

I like it at 8!!! Go Illini.

Comment

The line at 8.0 (thanks woodie) I am going to pound it ,

Carpet

Comment

Coach Bruce Weber of Illinois was asked from the press , how do you feel going into a game where you can win the 1st out right Big Ten title out right in 52 years?

" This is a good basketball tradition here at Illinois, it' is baffling ."

Illinois is playing great basketball right now, Intensity is way up, defense is hitting, and the shots on O are falling...

Rest assured that this young coach with a young team has found the right balance at the right time...

Illinois will be a very dangerous team in the field of 65 NCAA dance....

Press On Illini....

Carpet

Comment

I think the stronger play here is the under. Although I feel there is little chance Ohio State will win, 8.5 is a lot to cover on the road. I see the total being under by about 10 today.

Comment

man what happened to Illinois coverin by 20????.....I ended up takin em with the -8.........I guess the linesmakers knew somethin that Carpet didnt .....oh well we will get em next time!

Comment

The end of the game sucked. Had a chance to put it away and cover but le them sneak back in.

Overall good cap -- just could not get it done--at least they got the win.

I look forward to your insights on the tourney in Indi.

I am looking at putting some cash on Michigan at 8/1 to win and possibly Wiscy at 3/1.

How do you think the Illini will fare being the #1 seed and maybe having to go against OSU again?

I have enjoyed your capping thru the whole year on and off Illinois. I have actually become some what of a fan in the process being that illinois is right across the river from me. Or maybe its because I dislike Iowa being a Cylcone fan. Either way I made some cash following your lead.

Last edited by woodee12; 03-08-2004, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Illinois lets a 17 point lead slip away as the offense became tentative and the defense soft, winning by 1.

Thanks for the kind words Woodie, and all, this has indeed been a fun year.

I am going to start a Big Ten Confrence Tourney post tonight, where we can discuss the games, the line and any other insight we can share.

Great run for this youn Illini Team...

Carpet

Semper Fi..

Comment

Working...
                      X