Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAS Analysis: Utah State at Idaho (+5.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAS Analysis: Utah State at Idaho (+5.5)

Hey everyone, I have not posted in a while. Here is a 1 UNIT play for Friday night. I like this one. Best of luck to everyone this March Madness.

Season record: 33-24 +7.6 UNITS

Utah State at Idaho (+5.5) - 7:00pm Pacific
    I am still very impressed with the Vandals. They have won 8 of 10 games with the only two losses coming on the road at first place Pacific by just 6, and at UC Irvine by just 2 on a buzzer beater. They trailed the Irvine game by 18 at half-time and at one point had a 5 point lead in the final few minutes. Third year head coach Leonard Perry (former associate head coach at Iowa State under Larry Eustachy) has done a tremendous job here. Idaho features three senior starters who will be playing in their final home game. This team has enough talent to compete with any Big West team, especially here at home.

Utah State will be playing their third consecutive road game to end the regular season. They already lost at Pacific a few weeks back and most recently were tested to the wire by an undermanned UC Irvine team in a low scoring 3 point win. The Aggies are sure to already have their minds set on next weeks Big West tournament. In fact, head coach Stew Morrill asked Idaho to move this game from Saturday to Friday so they would have an extra day to travel and prepare for next week. This will be Utah State's final regular season Big West game before leaving to the WAC next season. It would be no surprise to see them not get many favorable calls tonight.

This is a huge game for the Idaho program. It is just the second time ever that a ranked team will play here and first in 24 years. Fans and players are sure to be sky high for this. Idaho has won 5 straight home conference games by an average margin of 9.6 points. They lost to co-first place Pacific by just a point here in mid-January and they have improved since then. They also beat co-third place foe UCSB by a decisive 12 point margin here and the game was not even that close. Expect the Vandals to compete for an outright win tonight. Take the points.

Idaho 1 UNIT

Good luck,

Edward
    Right Angle Sports
Working...
X