No announcement yet.

The NCAA Championship THE BIG DANCE....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan State -2.5 vs Nevada Reno..Again the focus remains on the level of opponent play, Nevada Reno loses to Rice by 12...Just how did they get into dance? MSU by 9

Arizona -3.5 vs Seton Hall, this game is a watcher...Again the wrong team is favored here, AZ a pure run and gun west coast Offense vs a clamp down steel trap defense.

This game is a battle of 2 opposite disciplines O vs D........

Arizona scored 100 points this year vs Oregon on 2-19-04 (WOW)..

Seton Hall's avg loss of margin this year is 5 (Absent the Ucon Game)

AZ is off and on, The Pirates of Seton Hall have a something to prove to the NCAA Selection commitee for a slight last year...

Seton Hall wins this game out right

Carpet
    Last edited by Carpet; 03-16-2004, 08:13 PM.

Comment

It's game time and the info will come fast and furious,

I for one just love this time of the year, I usually take the next two days off but cannot this year. I have had these days off for over 6 years just to watch the Dance..... I know I am in good company here...

The Focus continues:

Depaul -3.0 vs Dayton...

Early look says these teams should play even up, factor in the loss of the Blue Demons "sixth man" for a ill advised punch to the groin, and we have Dayton to cover.....

Illinois vs Murray State, enough said Illinois by 20.................

"My Stretch Game"

Duke vs Alabama State.........................Duke is a 34 point chalk...?

There is no team in the tourney that deserves a 34 point tag....

I know Duke is a caliber blue chipper team, and Alabama State has never been rated on the board for the book.

So I decided to dig deeper..........

Actually Alabama State is not to bad on Road Defense vs Points allowed... The numbers say Duke by 25.......

Duke will call off the dogs, They have or Seton Hall awaiting them next game...

Good Luck to all,

Carpet

Semper Fi...
      Last edited by Carpet; 03-17-2004, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Alabama vs Southern Illinois

Bama is 3.0 chalk

I am going to stay off this game, the world is all over Bama....

Bama played the 12th toughest schedule in the nation this year their card reads like who's who in america..

While SIU is a small school out of Southern Illinois is in the middle of no where winning 25 games this year.

The Salukis have a knack of visiting the Sweet 16 as big Dogs....

A great game to watch, and fade public opinion.....

Staying home on this game

Carpet

Comment

i like the 20 points with alabama state in the first half vs duke.....had texas tech, but was bitterly disappointed by a sluggish pile of shit that called themselves the gay-tors. donavan should be ashamed of that hideous gutless laydown.

Comment

Hand me my lunch in a brown paper bag.....

Florida gets pounced on by Manhatan by 15, the Gators were a 5.5 chalk..... lost...Looked very lethargic in this loss

Maryland wins the game but fails to cover vs UTEP....Lost... MD runs out of Gas (something to look at next game)

Duke covers the 34 point chalk by 1......Lost

Michigan State loses....what a Black thursday for the Carpet.....

I have alot of ground to make up to just save face....0-4 today,
            What an embarasment to this forum, I am sorry....

I am going to add Wisconsin to tommorrow's play for what ever it is worth , Wisky's defense is SOLID and Richmond should not be able to disrupt this team..

Carpet

Comment

Cinnci -1.5 vs Illinois

I have heard it time and time again the Big Ten lacks talent, they are not as strong as a conference as the others.....

This year the Big Ten conference sent 3 teams to the dance, just 3 ....and 2 are still playing...Two very good teams in my opinion...

This is a matchup of Conference Champions, Illinois winning the Big Ten title out right, and Cinnci winning in a 5 way tie for first.

The last thing the Bearcats want to see is another Quick Guard, (Tim Smith of E Tenn was unstopable) but that is exactly what they are going to see, Mr Dee Brown, the one man fast break...
              There is not a faster player in the nation than this kid.

Around campus they ask " What can Brown do for you"... sorry UPS... Adding in Deron Williams and Luther Head the speed will be just to much for Cinnci.

Cinnci plays a solid defense, their guards are tall and agile, but I see them a step slower than Illinois perimiter Offense.

Cinnci is not as tall inside, perhaps 6-8...While Illinois with throw 6-10 augustine, 7-2 Smith and 6-6 (battle ship powell) down low.

Illinois is focused, they have a goal it is front and center of their every thought, it has been there since the season started, get to the Sweet 16 (at least)...

The Line Cinnci -1.5 and I am going to bet the FARM on Illinois...

3 major contributing factors, they are hungry, they are focused, and they have great leadership....

Good Luck to all.

Carpet

Semper Fi...

Comment

Sundays Card

UAB + 10 Yes they will lose, but will make it interesting...

NC State -3.5

Miss -5.0 should roll

GT -6 This is a good GT team.... ( was hoping the Zags got to play them,)

Wisky Even.. Whisky is a very good team and Pitt is also solid...Should be a great matchup...

OK State -7.0 Hate to lay this many points , but it is Memphis they are playing....

Kansas -11.0 Kansas will smother Pacific just like they did UIC...

Illinois + 1.5 (Thank you Lord) A Winner.....

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi...

Comment

Nice Illini win--I was with you all the way.

Hope they keep it up and hand Duke their asses on a platter!!

Nice call.

Comment

Illinois rolls over Cinnci....

One rule they learned early, don't trash talk the Illini..

In the Big Ten Trash talking is not allowed, 2 days ago as Illinois was walking into the tunnel, Cinnci was there awaiting their match up with E Tenn, and the jaw jacking started as Illinois passed by, the message (BETTER BRING YOUR GAME)...They brought their game...

Illinois faces Duke next game, I am going to spend alot of study time to this game.

This Illinois team is dangerous, very well balanced, and well coached.

Duke has it's hands full......

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Comment

Sundays Card

UAB + 10 Yes they will lose, but will make it interesting... (Win)

NC State -3.5 (Loss)

Miss -5.0 should roll (loss)

GT -6 This is a good GT team.... ( was hoping the Zags got to play them,) (loss)

Wisky Even.. Whisky is a very good team and Pitt is also solid...Should be a great matchup... (Loss)

OK State -7.0 Hate to lay this many points , but it is Memphis they are playing.... (Win)

Kansas -11.0 Kansas will smother Pacific just like they did UIC... (won)

Illinois + 1.5 (Thank you Lord) A Winner..... WON ..

4-4 day.....Nothing to write home about, except the huge "Bet the FARM play on Illinois ....

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi..

Comment

Saw a bet that just may be worth a shot at 20 to 1.

Illinois to get to the finals. Tough task but it may be worth a small wager but I have bet on things with less value than this.

What do you think Carpet?

Also like Illinois and the points vs. Duke.

other early leans for the upcoming games on thursday/friday:

St. Joes -2 vs. Wake
                        Okie State -125 (moneyline) vs. Pitt
                        Cuse -125 (ML) vs. Bama
                        Texas -2 vs. Xavier
                        Navada +4 vs. GT

Okie and Nevada are probably my top 2.

Don't know about Vandy +9 vs. UConn. UConn may dominate the inside and bloe them out.

I will look them over better and be back later in the week.

Comment

hey noname....."cbraun77 this is why we have these games to discuss our opinions and to see who is better.I am telling you and predicting that the big 10 gets beat early.illni-wisconsin-mich.st-will all lose in the first round.ACC- Maryland-UNC-WILL lose first round,with other ACC teams losing shortly thereafter"

well you were wrong!
                          This was not the best gonzaga team and it was foolish for you to boast them as the best team in the country....like i said- ACC- Big east were the best conf. this year......I have been surprised by the A10 though...I didnt have either St. Joe or Xavier going to the sweet 16...But St. joe still hasnt proven they deserve that #1 spot

Comment

Hey,
                            Just wondering how everyone is doing with their brackets so far...Im in four different pools...all of them followed the same concept (I believed that this was a year that the big conf. would dominate) after the first round it seemed perfect...I didnt take any major upsets, so i averaged only 3-5 wrong per entry...but then I took some major hits on two of my brackets(they included N. Carolina going to the finals, Kentucky winning it all).....But my two other entries are looking positive.......I have G-tech, Texas, uconn, okie st. in the final 4 in one (Uconn winning)....and G-tech, Duke, Uconn, okie st. in the other (Okie winning)..............this has been a great tourney to watch, but a rough one on the pools.....im gonna root for Uconn b/c Im a big east guy
                            C.B. CLUTCH

Comment

I am not doing too bad in my bracket. I picked Nevada over Gonzaga which helped out a lot and had Manhatten over florida, pacific over providence.

I am still alive with my final 4 of GTech, Okie State, Uconn, Illinois with okie and uconn in the finals with okie winning.

I think Okie is a tough team with the leadership to win it all.

Fun tourney so far and have won a few bucks on the bets so far too.

Comment

Hey,
                                I have to throw something on one of these lines on winning the tourney...Vanderbilt 75/1...Wake Forest 20/1....
                                Syracuse 20/1....all three have the potential to make the run....also G-tech @ 10-1 and Ok St @ 7-1 are good values.....I'm gonna look each teams possible scenarios first and post later my plays
                                C.B.

Comment

Working...
                                X