Sweet 16 Thread--plays and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet 16 Thread--plays and discussion

Please post your plays and comments for the sweet 16 starting on Thursday.

The play I like the most so far is Kansas -4 vs. UAB. I think KU will continue to play well and UAB's magic will end here.

I will stop back later with more opinions on the other games.

I have not played Kansas yet as I was waiting to see what you guys thought and I also want to look at a few more things too.

Alabama vs Syracuse -1.5

All numbers look very even for both clubs, Syracuse plays a different style of play than Bama.. The Orangemen will win...

UCon vs Vandy +9.0

On the road the numbers matchup very nicely for Vandy, I am going to take the points, In my humble opinion , I see Vandy beating UCon straight up....

Pitt vs Ok State -2.5

Pitt has won 31 games already? (wow)....

Pittsburgh is better road team than Ok St, they play great defense. Give me Pitt and the points...

St Joseph's -2.5 vs Wake Forest

This Wake Forest team is solid, they can put up points, they are battle tested with Wins over Georgia Tech (Still Dancing) and Duke (Still Dancing) and Maryland twice this year..

Just who has St Joe's beat this year ? (Texas Tech) They have played 2 very good teams all year, Texas Tech and Xavier where St Joes got pounded into the dirt by 20 points....

Looking at St Joe's program on the road, factoring in the Quality level of opponents played, I really think Billy Packard is right about St Joes being over rated as a 1 seed.

I am going to play Wake Forest and take all the points the book wants to give.....

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

Woodie I am laser beamed in on Illinois vs Duke the 7.0 The line has got me motivated beyond belief... Joe Q Public is pounding it...

Can Illinois beat Duke ? (Why not)

They match up very well, Dukes inside game is a concern.

I don't see Duke coming out put a whooping on this Illinois Team which has won 16 of it's last 17 games, while Duke 8-4 last 12 games. You will see alot of my comments on this game under the NCAA Mens basketball thread here at BW (Just dont feel like retyping it)..

Both teams put their shoes on one at time, and Illinois does not seemed intimated by the Duke prestige...

Carpet

Comment

Right now I am on:

Syracuse -125 (ML)

UConn -8 ...small play

Kansas -4

Illini +7 (I think they will win myself!!)

Probably a small play on Okie State too.

and in the NIT: posted in other thread: Marquette +7

Comment

Hey,
          I like all the Sweet 16 games! Im gonna play these:

Vanderbilt at Uconn
          Favorites of 9 or greater are 21-12 ATS in the Sweet 16...plus the
          SEC is the worst conference in the Sweet 16 over the past 5 years, going 3-8 su, 4-7 ATS...........TAKE UCONN!

Wake Forest @ St. Joe
          The Hawk will be dead after tonight....Take any and all points w/ WAKE FOREST!

Pitt @ OK ST
          Okies will win the rebound battle, which will give them about a 6 point win...GO W/ OK ST

BAMA @ SYRACUSE
          Small chalk for defending champs....experience+coach= easy cover
          TAKE THE ORANGEMEN!

BONUS NIT:
          TOO MANY POINTS AT 6.5 FOR NOTRE DAME TO COVER VS. OREGON...TAKE THE DUCKS

GOOD LUCK
          C.B.CLUTCH

Comment

WOW!!!!.....just realized that Pitt is 5-0 as dogs this year....i'll stay with Okie, but that is a scary trend!

Comment

EARLY LOOK FOR TOMORROW.....IM TAKING ALL FOUR FAVORITES TO COVER EASY.....say good bye UAB-Xavier-Nevada, no contest for Kansas (-4) Texas (-2) and G-Tech (-4)....these are gifts from the bookmakers!.........As for Ill vs. Duke- I think that the Devils are too much for ILL....I see the game stayin under ten until the last minute (free throws putting it at around 13)....good luck
              C.B.

Comment

I agree with your Texas and KU picks but really believe the Illini will hang and possibly beat Duke.

Plus I need Illinois to win for my brackets' sake.

my plays so far:

KU -4
                Texas -2 (bought 1/2)
                Illini +7

Don't know about GT/Nevada--Tough call,, may take the points here.

Good Luck and that Wake ending sucked as well as Iowa State getting a last sec dunk to blow my Marquette play--

Any further Insight on Illinois before tip, Carpet?
                I am rooting hard for the big orange!!

The secret is the Orange Jerseys--Weber's boys will come to play the Dukie Squirts tonight!!

Comment

Illinois vs Duke, I am going to pound this line, This Illinois team matches up very well with Duke, the big difference is Guard Play, Dukes guards will not be able to stay with Illinois outside step to Step.

Illinois shot 63% from the floor last game, you can bet that number will be down against a good inside Duke defense, they love to play man to man D and this should help out the fast guards.

If Illinois is on from the outside Duke will be in serious trouble.

Illinois will come to PLAY TONIGHT...

Illinois is my pick of the night....

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

What could go wrong did go wrong....

The Illini could not drop the shots. plenty of open looks all night long. Foul Trouble early and often and Dee BROWN pulling up with cramps, .

Duke will win the national championship as they just played one of the best in the nation and took them to school inside.

This Illinois team will be back next year with all starters, the Illini have a solid recruiting class coming in also with several impact players. Look for them and Wisconsin to be top 10 teams....

Thanks for the run boys, you over achieved all year with a new coach and system, Job Well Done...

Carpet

Comment

Working...
                    X