Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 4 Ranked Illini vs # 1 ranked Wake Forest, Mens NCAA BBall

# 4 Illinois at home vs # 1 Wake Forest

This one is shaping up to be a real barn burner.

The last time a # one ranked team played at Assembly Hall (Orange Crush Land) was in 1979, and Illinois came away with a 57-55 over Michigan State.

Illinois is coming out of the blocks hitting on all cylinders, averaging a
    eye-popping 54% from the field and 47% from 3 point land. Illinois is scoring 88 points game.

This 3 guard offense flat out SMOKED Gonzaga on 14 treys, once leading by 38 points over a 24th (over) ranked team.

To say Illinois is tough at home is an understatement, they are even more impressive. Winning at a clip of .964% the last 4 years. In non-conference games the Illini are 34-0. Even more impressive is Illinois has won 35 of 37 games vs Big Ten Teams at home (The True Wars).

This Illinois team in one of the best I have ever seen play, they move the ball very well averaging 24 assist per game. Illini have 95 assist on 132 baskets.

Yes Illinois does have some weakness, they have not proved to me yet they can flat out beat the zone down low, but they seem to live by the 3 point shot year to date (it will catch them) against a great zone D.

Two of the Nations back court meet and in the end it could be decided by the front court players, but it is the back court receiving all the pre game hype.

Wake Forest has a solid DEFENSE holding opponents to just 39% from the field, pinning Arizona to the floor at a 31% clip.

Wake Forest cant shoot the free throw hitting only 55% year to date, this will cost them dearly.

I cant see WF being favored at all in this game, but if I had to guess the book may place WF a 2 point favorite.

MY PICK

Illinois straight up and by 5.

Good Luck to all,

Semper Fi

Carpet

P.S. Comments are always welcome.....

My review of Illinois Mens NCAA Bball games will only be posted here at Bettors World.

This is a class Site and over the years I have grown to know the people behind the scenes. (They are straight shooters)

I hope my insight, as primitive as it can be will add value to my fellow cappers play.

Good Luck to all

Semper Fi

Carpet

Comment

Welcome back Carpet. I am looking forward to your Illini write-ups and money makings insights. I will help out when i can since I get a lot of Illinois and Iowa covrage where I am at. Lets nail the Big 10 this year!!

Looking at the 1st round of the ACC/Big 10 games:

Liking Minnesota over Florida State tonight.

GL and lets hammer the Illini on Wednesday!

Comment

The Line opens early posting the Illini as 3 point favorites, a little respect from the book.

Illinois is no stranger to big games and the veteran three headed dragon (guards) of Illini can blow you off the floor quickly if your not careful.

Wake Forest is ranked number one based on preseason (HOPE) I was not that impressed with thier last victory.

The game also features "Paint the Hall Orange Night" where every fan wears Orange, Illinois has never lost a Paint the Hall Orange game.

Coach Weber of Illini knows this is a big game for the Illini, National exposure to a whole world of possible recruits. The coach was quoted as saying that Nike should be making us Orange Shoes for this game.

My numbers show Illini by 5 and I am being conservative,

Time to hammer the book Hard game one of the season, laying 500 on Illini by 3.0

Comment

Illinois comes out and smashes Wake Forest right in the mouth from the opening tip off on the way to a solid 19 point victory over the number one ranked team.

Illinois full motion offense was just to much for WF as the Illini had a 32 point lead at one time in the game.

In the ESPN poll the Illini were ranked # 3 behind Kansas and WF, they should vault over Kansas for the number one spot.

You dont see a # 1 get dismantled the way Illinois destroyed WF very often. I am here to tell you that this is the best Illinois team I have ever seen play.

Illinois plays next vs Arkansas away.(Dec 4)

Next Big Day to mark on your Calander......December 12 vs Oregon at the United Center in Chicago. Some may call this a neutral site others like me call it home away from home.

I hope you all jumped on board and tagged the book for a little change on this game, more to follow......

Good Luck to all,

Semper Fi..

Carpet

"The Carpet always covers"

Comment

Great call guys
            good luck

Comment

Working...
            X