# 1 RANKED ? Illinois vs Arkansas Mens NCAA BBall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 1 RANKED ? Illinois vs Arkansas Mens NCAA BBall

This Saturday Illinois heads to Hog country to take on the 5-0 Arkansas Razorbacks.

Many may see this game as a Huge Trap game for the Illini, coming off the biggest win in the school history (in some opinions) traveling to a SEC Conf opponent. Many would say the Illini are walking into a Hog den vunerable to the upset.

To those that think that I say HOGWASH. Good Teams get up for every game and this is a well coached team. There is no way I see Illini resting on their laurels on Saturday.

I dont know much about this Arkansas Team, and Yes every team is better at home but lets look at who AK has played year to date to get to 5-0....

Wins against WINTHROP, TROY, E MICHIGAN, GARDNER-WEBB (Now thats a real knee knocker) and TULSA.

I am finalizing the numbers on this game and the point difference is almost complete. I will post my final thoughts by game time.

One area of concern is the line the book is going to come in with. They Open Illinois as -3 favs line moves to 5.0 and Illinois blow the Forest out.. Trust me the line will be high, just how high is the question...

Any thoughts and insight is as always appreciated...

Carpet

Semper Fi

"The Carpet always covers"

The Numbers are in lock the doors and put the kids to bed....Especially in Hog Country.

Arkansas opens as a 9.0 Dog vs Illinois.

That line is a give me from my stand point my numbers show Illinois by 19 yes I said 19.

Illinois played AK last year and won by 21 at Chicago a neutral site to some, I call it home away from home. A young Hog team that was not prepared to travel.

AK is playing this game 3 hours away from home, not in the friendly Hog dome.
    The idea here was to unite the different parts of the state to Hog Ball, (Bad timing for that)..

The entire WORLD is saying let down game....Horse Hockey, a good team always gets up for a game. Coach Weber circled 2 dates on the calendar preseason.....Wake and Arkansas.... He is walking point to ensure the Illini come focused.

To expand Coach Weber also circled George Town, Oregon and one other as the path to a # 1 seed. This team will not over look AK at all.. So to those that say letdown possible or probable as the book is saying I say let your college sense of basketball lead you to the wisdom.

Illinois will easily cover 9 on the road, my only prayer in this game is that no one gets hurt and this team stays healthy for the run.

Good Luck to all

Carpet 1-0 season Illinois vs the spread

Semper Fi

Comment

Woodie I want to say hello to you and all my friends at BW it is a pleasure being back for NCAA Mens Ball.

Everyones input on each game is respected and encouraged. Let me know what your thoughts are guys in these post.

Lets chink the book hard ...

Semper Fi

Carpet

Comment

Looks like it is Illinois -9 at Arkansas today. I actually see more value on the dog ion this spot but probably a 'no play' for me just to see how Illinois respons after the big win. Don't think they will let up but 9 is a big number at Arkansas.

What do you think?

Comment

The line has dropped to Illinois-6 1/2!
          That is a huge move on the game. Game scares me but I might have to take Illinois now. Carpet seems to know his stuff. Carpet, just curious,have you ever played against them last year? How did you do?

Natty

Comment

Illinois plays tough on the road winning by 12, a slight let down but not enough to tilt the book.

This Illini team is tough and deserve a number one ranking

Next game on the calander is Chicago State, GeorgeTown and Oregon..

Hope everyone followed my lead and won a little coin

Semper Fi

Good Luck to all

Carpet

"The Carpet always Covers"

Comment

Natty In response to your question " Have you ever played against Illinois ?

The response is yes I have..

I cap every game on its face value merits, last year Illinois was headed to Indiana as a favorite, I alerted the forum that this was a trap game and I was dead true the Illini failed to cover.

It may seem that I am nothing more than a lucky Illini HAWKER, but that is far from the truth. I dig deep on these games and my research and final numbers take over 4 to 5 hours to compile. I only post here to help my fellow cappers. I am to busy pounding the book to try and do anything else.

The way I see it is there are 2 kind of posters here.... The ones that are trying to drum up business and the ones that are sincere trying to beat the first kind....

I am laser beamed in on the Illinois have been for over 4 years, it has proved to be very profitable for me.

NCAA ball is near and dear to my heart I follow all games (for the most part) but the hard money is only laid after exhaustive research and analysis.

My wife asks me time and time again why do you take all this time to make your plays (as you call them) and then spend all the additional time to post your plays..... I have no real answer to that other than I am on the side of the player..

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

Great calls Carpet. I was with you on the Big Wake win but shyed away from the Arkansas game. If I would have checked back, I would have probably played at the lower number. Anyway, good capping as always.

As far as posting and playing against Illinois, Carpet just gives the inside facts on his team and is not a homer. I had that question in my head as well, Natty, and it seems like Carpet is always ON Illinois but I do remember that Indy game last year. I know he only plays what he thinks are the strongest plays and will not play anything just because it is Illinois. But when he says "play it" it is wise not to go against it, but as I did just make it a no play.

Keep them coming!! I enjoy all the insight provided and the hours you spend capping and posting are greatly appreciated.

I am a Big 10 guy myself and will add anything I think may help from the Iowa side and any other Illinois press I get around here too.

Thanks again for the winners, Carpet and lets keep it rolling. And Natty, lets put our heads together and make some money like we did last year.

One more thing Carpet, My book has Illinois 5-1 to win it all. May be worth a shot becasue right now they will beat UNC, KU, Arizona, and any others that stand in thier way. What do you think?

Comment

Illinois has once big hurdle to overcome that has bogged them down for the past 2 years . . .the Wisconsin Badgers. Illinois is simply awesome right now. The Badgers have some work to do, but will improve as the year progresses. Bo Ryan is simply put . . .a basketball coaching genius. I am looking forward to these two teams hooking up in the Big 10.
                  Race you to the windows!

Comment

Carpet,

I remember that game and your post. That's funny. I couldn't remember the team Illinois played but I remember that you did go against them. I posted that more for the newer peeps on the board so they knew you were the real deal. I knew you went against them. I just couldnt remember how much but want others to know so we can ALL take the $$.
                    Thanks for the great call by the way..I took them and Texas for some nice $$.
                    Woodie--Bru..we need to do this just like last year again. I made so much $$ last year my wife was LOVIN it(for once..lol)

Lets get "the man" and take em to the house!

Natty

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys...

Woodie in response to you question regarding Illinois as a 5-1 favorite to win it all. I would say that is a pretty good bet with the odds.

You asked if Illinois could beat UNC (No not on the road), Kansas (Not in dorthy land) or Arizona (Yes any where any time) but I dont see Arizona being the fourth standing). But, Illinois could beat any of those teams close to home.

The road to the Final Four lays in St Louis, the regionals all support Illinois if seeded correctly.

Semper Fi

Carpet

Comment

Working...
                      X