# 1 Illinois vs Northwestern Saturday NCAA Mens Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 1 Illinois vs Northwestern Saturday NCAA Mens Basketball

# 1 Ranked 17-0 Illinois travels to Welsh Ryan arena in Evanston Illinois to take on the Northwestern WildCats Saturday.

The last time these 2 teams played NW handed the Illini a shocking defeat by 10.....In that game the Illini made 2 of 20 three point trys the second half. Since then the Illini have gone 32-3 straight up.

NW will host a # 1 team for the first time since 1976 (Indiana)..

My good friend the "Tax Man" spent some time today educating me on the atmosphere of Welsh Ryan arena at game time....It will be wild, bleacher seating, right on top of you, loud at great place to play if your the home team.

NW plays a Princeton style of ball offensively, meaning they play slow down ball holding for the entire 35 seconds for each shot if need be, always looking for that lull that will give them the back door layup...

Against Illinois they will be lucky to hold the ball 20 seconds without a turnover...

Last game against PState the Illinois offense nailed 15 three pointers, the coach has been working on giving the players more time in practice shooting from the arc, this is paying off.....

This Illini team remembers the loss at evanston last year and is a much improved team since then...you can bet they wont shoot 2-20 from the big arc...

The Line is razor sharp opening at Illinois -13.5 , I hate the hook in the line in this game as my numbers are Illinois at 15

Based on my review, all factors, depth, turnovers, home field, guards play, etc. My play is going to be Illinois -13.5.....

The line has moved to -14.0 and I am also comfortable with that... Illinois by 15.0

Good Luck to all

Carpet

Semper Fi...
Working...
X