No announcement yet.

Bases Week of June 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-0 Thursday. Lat two days 5-0. 10-3 for the week. 20-8 the past 2 weeks since starting the weekly posts. Looks liek eveyone is doing well, lets keep it up!

Friday:

Cubs/Wash UNDER 7

Minny/TB UNDER 8

Baltimore -108 over Clev

White Sox +145 over Oakland

Comment

I'll start it off for the day

Mets-130
      Tx. +114
      Tor +170
      Cubbies -145

Comment

OUCH. 0-3-1 to take a bite out of my profits for the week.

Saturday:

PLAY of the Day:

White Sox -117 over Oakland...Garland vs. red hot A's. streak stops here.

Rockies +1.5 over STL

San Fran +1.5 over SD...Almost took the dog +180 price with the Ginats but feel the 1/2 run may come into play. Woody Williams a -200 fav?? See some value here even with Fassero starting for the Giants.

Pirates +135 over Milwaukee

Comment

Love your thread Woodee.....I'm 11-1 since I started posting here, and while I'm never one to question anyone's logic on a pick (heck, I pick some pretty stupid shots myself at times), I can only hope that Faserro gets knocked out of the game early so that S.F. has a chance.... For one thing, I think this guy's older than Cy Young himself, and I don't think he's gotten anybody out since the mid "80's when he was with the Montreal Expos.....His idea of a challenge is to load the bases in every inning and see if he can refrain from wild-pitching the run across....Good Luck on this one my son, but with all that being said and done, he'll probably go out and pitch a no-hitter (smile)........As for my plays today, I'll tend to go with the the more evenly matched games than all of those overpriced favorites that give you headaches in extra innings.....Derek Lowe has done his best this year at home and the Dodgers have come alive a bit this week, look for another solid effort.....Joel Pineiro also does his best from the home hill so let's give Seattle a shot to stop the skid......and finally, in an "iffy" Game 1 of a twin-bill, Aaron Harang looks almost too-good-to-be-true at -150 as the line move indicates....but I'll give myself a chance to be a sucker even though I'll leave them off the parlay....Let's try single plays, and the top two in a parlay:

L.A. Dodgers -177
          Seattle Mariners -124
          Cincinnati Reds (Game 1) -150

As always, GLTA and let's keep it rollin'........Boone
          ;)

Comment

Well, the baseball gods slapped me around pretty good yesterday as punishment for my shit talkin' earlier in the day.....Two 1-run losses and a home-run buffet served up by Derek Lowe put me at 0-3 for the day and 11-4 on this stint......We won't get mad, we'll get even......Quite a few games are enticing today, let's just hope we zero in on the right ones......Whenever a line moves 20 spots or more, I go against the move.....early in the season I wouldn't, but we're just about at the halfway point in the season, and the bookies ain't stupid......Hence, I'll go with the Bucs today against the Brewers, and hope that I don't come out lookin' like one of those Doug Davis bobbleheads they're giving away today in Milwaukee......The total on the St.Louis/Colorado game makes it seem like this might be a close game.....Gonna take the Rockies +1 1/2 runs at +120.......Finally.....A's Zito has been pretty much an in-and-outer this year, while Sox's Buehrle been virtually unhittable in his last 3 outings......Let's side with the Chisox in this one......Lots of opportunity out there today guys...Let nail 'em...

Pittsburgh Pirates +138
            Colorado Rockies +1 1/2 runs +120
            Chicago White Sox -118

GLTA............Boone.
            ;)

Comment

Went 2-1 yesterday and did O.K. since the two winners were dogs, bringing us to 13-5 on this thread.....Was hopin' Woodee 12 would start a new one for this week but we'll wait and see.........As for today.....The Reds have the ability to score runs in bunches (problem is, they give 'em up in bunches too!), but going against the Giants pitching staff which is in shambles, they deserve the push in this one......Cardinals are a far better team than the D'BAcks at this point, and home field isn't really an advantage in Arizona.....Side with the Red Birds at the fair number......Finally, in the battle of last-placed teams, Seattle deserves the edge being the "lesser of two evils" against a Kansas City team that has reverted to it's old antics going 1-9 in it's last ten games.....Let's try:

Cincinnati Reds +114
              St.Louis Cardinals -127
              Seattle Mariners -120

Note: A nickel parlay pays back $ 3,006.29

Let's clip 'em.....GLTA.......Boone.
              ;)

Comment

Philly -140

Comment

Working...
                X