Bases Week Of July 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bases Week Of July 4

Ended up 16-5 on Woodee's thread from last week but since I haven't seen a new post of late, I can only hope we can stay half as lucky on this new one......Here we go for Tuesday July 5th........The Padres didn't go very far into their bullpen yesterday even though they never had a chance againt red-hot Oswalt.....If Dennys Reyes can give them at least 5 strong innings, look for them to "bounce Backe" tonight......Lefty Noah Lowry should be able to calm down the Red Attack that took place on Monday up in San Fran.......He and Jason Schmidt are about the only reliable starters in this shoddy rotation.....Gonna side with the Royals tonight strictly 'cause it's one of those 20-spots shifts from the opening line that I was talking about the other day......Finally, Odalis Perez has never enjoyed pitching off a mile high mound, and layoff or no layoff, he's gonna give up some shots tonight......While I won't go on record as to who will win this game, I can assure you that a lot of cleats will tap that dish in this one......We'll try:

San Diego Padres +111
    San Francisco Giants -150
    L.A Dodgers/Colorado Rockies OVER 11 1/2
    Kansas City Royals +102

Straight plays on all....No parlay here....GLTA....Boone.
    ;)

Thanks for getting in rolling this week, Boone!

Will update my record later.

Tuesday:

Royals/Sea OVER 8.5

Tigers +140 over Cleveland

Brew Crew +180 over Florida...Nioce Value here with Cauponao on the hill. Decnet pitcher for Mil. Have to face Beckett but with this #, its worth a shot!

Rockies -119 over Dodgers

Comment

I've been doing good but now I will probably do shitty now that I will post. Oh well, seems to happen to me when I post here...LOL

Took this lastnite when i saw it...

Jul 4 8:54pm Baseball - Pending
      1. Baseball - San Francisco Giants - moneyline (-140)
      for the entire game held on Jul 5 at 9:15pm [pending]
      E Milton -L must start and N Lowry -L must start for action
      [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Play of the day for me is:

AZ/STL O 10 -120
        good luck

Comment

3-1 for me yesterday with a couple of doggy wins. Have to count up units since I have been posting in here too.

YTD posts: 22-13-1

Wednesday:

Philly +105 over Pitts...Play of the Day

Minny -138 over Angels...nice price on Johann.

Parlay:
          Marlins -210
          Indians -150

Comment

Parlay Error:

Actually have Marlins/Cardinals, not Indians.

Though of the Tribe but changed at the end before I put the $ on it.

Comment

Boone's Bases and Comments for Wednesday

Hey Woodee, I see you going 4-0 yesterday, not 3-1.....It's a tough game my friend, don't cut yourself short.....Myself, I sucked the big pipe yesterday at 1-3, and although I don't have any excuses, I would just like someone to explain to me why a manager like Felipe Alou (whose pullin' in more than 1 million per) would bring a Jeff Fassero into a ballgame that is still very winable (4-3 in the 6th)......I mean, here's a guy that's about 3 days older than water, throws every other "pitch" into the dirt, and sure enough wild-pitched a run in as I noted was his specialty the other night.....Game over......This dude is actually GETTING PAID big bucks for this nonsense that you or I could do for much less....Anyway, all I can figure is that he must be the owner's nephew or son-in-law or who knows, maybe his GRANDPA!!!!.......On to better thoughts for tonight's games.......I like Joe Blanton as a good, young, up-an-coming pitcher for the A's......but I can't use him tonight since he has yet to win a game away from home this year, and he's a long ways from home tonight....That, coupled with the fact that this is another one of those 20-cent line switches I've mentioned in the past has me pointing to the Blue Jays as the best value play of the night.......Anybody that's familiar with my M.O. knows how I feel about Aaron Sele.....'Nuff said.....I'm going with the Royals to make it two straight (the 20-cent switch ironically applys here too).......Finally, it took me awhile, but I finally figured out that the Boston Red Sox are hard to figure out.......Clement seems to pitch good only when he's in the mood and this makes him very tough to gauge......Meanwhile, "Jackie" Chan Ho Park (remember that Tae Kwon Do move at Dodger Stadium a couple of years ago?) usually gives a good account of himself on the home bump (5-1 at home this year) and seems like a good choice at a very fair number.....Let's try single 1-unit plays on all three picks, and a 1/2 unit parlay between all to close the wounds from yesterday....

Toronto Blue Jays -102
              Kansas City Royals -103
              Texas Rangers +120

Note: The parlay pays 7.59 to 1.......Do the math....GLTA.
              ;)

Comment

took the loss yesterday on the over in AZ prior to that the over was 7-0 when AZ hosts STL.

WAS-180 now(got it at -170) Livan is 5-1 vs nets and 6-1 at home, glavine sucks vs wash/mon.

Cleve-1.5 +150

stl-1.5 -115

ATL/CHC U 7 -125
                good luck

Comment

25-13 YTD. Actually was 4-0 the day before. I swear I thought Colorado lost but checked my book and it did win which is a nice surprise!

2-1 yesterday as Minny's low price with Johan was too good to be true! Thought it may be one of those type of games.

Thursday:
                  (Play of the day)

Arizona +1.5 (+105) over STL...May take the +165 too here. This falls under my Tony Larussa "win the series" plays. Larussa preaches winning the series to stay on top of the division. He approaches each series like that and it is good philosophy and good be a good betting angle. I Haven;t tracked it too much but when the cards win the 1st 2 games of a series, they lose a lot of the game 3's. Tony usually rests many of the stars at the end of the series and plays guys like Nunez, Taguchi, etc.--Good players but not the talent of Pujouls, Edmonds, Walker, obviously. Plus its get away day to SF on Friday--Not a long trip but still have to travel. Lets see what happens here on this one.

Brewers/Marlins OVER 8.5....Tired Bullpens and avg. starters = big number

Oakland -140 over Tornonto

Comment

Thursday Bases

2-1 Yesterday 3-4 For the Week

Made a couple of bucks yesterday.....Nothin'to retire on, but it all helps.......As for tonight, despite the fact that I've been preaching all year that a guy could get rich by bettin' against the Yankees all the time, since they're only a .500 ballclub and always heavily favored, I'm gonna use them tonight simply 'cause I love Moose at home.....Period!.........The Devil Rays are "only" 4 games under .500 at home and Detroit had to travel all night.....Let's give the home dogs a bone in this one......Finally, the Astros are not as good as they've looked lately, and the REAL Padres should stand up today behind Woody Williams to stop the skid......Let's go 1 unit each on these and a nickel parlay that would return $2528.92.........GLTA.............Boone.

New York Yankees -185
                    Tampa Bay Devil Rays +120
                    San Diego Padres -130
                    Last edited by Boone Moone; 07-07-2005, 11:38 AM.
                    ;)

Comment

I picked the Angels over Seattle for tonights lock, but also see Atlanta winning game two over the Cubbies tonight. As a third pick just for the sake of picking an o/u, I'll go with the under (12) for LOS v COL... Thin air or no thin air, 12 runs is a lot and Derek Lowe could actually pitch a decent game tonight.

Comment

2-1 yesterday as the Dbacks came through.

27-13 YTD.

Friday:

Rockies even over Padres

Florida/Cubs UNDER 7 (willis/zambrano)

Baltimore +129 over Boston

GL!

Comment

My lock streak was ended yesterday as Anaheim (I still refuse to call them by their stupid new name) managed to get crushed by Seattle.

That's OK, I'll start a new streak today as I pick Roger Clemens and the Houston Astros over the Dodgers. The Dodgers will be missing 182 players due to injuries, so I don't see a problem with betting the farm here.

For the sake of these forums I pick at least three a day, so I'll take Florida (Willis) at home over the Cubbies and the under in Colorado because my middle name is danger.

Comment

Boones's Friday Bases

2-1 Yesterday 5-5 For the Week

Hey Woodie.......Nice goin' on yesterday's D'Back game.....I loved your theory going in, but I'm very superstitious and I didn't want to jinx you by commenting on it so I just played it as an extra.....Call me weird, but I don't like it when someone agrees with my picks and theories.......Let's face it, these things ain't set up for the majority to agree on a winning side.....Nice job pal........There's a couple of sucker games on the menu for tonight so I'll try to steer clear of those (Houston, Florida, Chicago White Sox)........We'll take some chances instead......After last night's rigging, I think the Angel's should come out of the slumber and bang some lumber....Tab for a nice pummeling of the Mariners tonight.......The Padres had a rough trip down to Houston, and the Rockies are sky high after coming back from a 5-run deficit against the Dodgers yesterday......Let's take Colorado at the fair number........Finally, here we go with another one of them "too-good-to-be-true" games, but despite the fact that the Phillies should be a much higher number, I'll go with 'em to keep Ryan Drese's miserable season intact.......Let's try:

Los Angeles Angels -195
                            Colorado Rockies -102
                            Philadelphia Phillies -150

Tonight looks rough so EXTRA GLTA........Boone.
                            ;)

Comment

Yesterday: 0-1 -1.40 units Week: 0-1 -1.40

Friday's plays:
                              S.L. -130
                              Atlanta -150
                              Arizona -145

Comment

Working...
                              X