Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First NCAA Football play of the year

Miami Ohio +16' at Ohio State

There are many, many reasons why I love this play. First off, Miami looks at the trip to the shoe as their biggest game of the year. They will be pumped and ready, and they really believe that they belong on the same field as the mighty Buckeyes. The Redhawks return 15 starters from a pretty damned good football team last season. They return a trio of linebackers that may be amongst the best of not only the MAC but the entire nation as well. On the other side of the ball I like the fact that QB Betts has had a season under his belt after replacing Big Ben a year ago. Betts has a fine arm, but forced some bad throws into coverage that cost the Redhawks dearly last year. Betts will benifit from the return of receivers Nance and Robinson, both who can bust one the distance at every touch.

Ohio State on the other hand has every right to under achieve on Sat 9/3. Remember that QB Troy Smith will be serving his one game suspension and will be replaced by Zwick. Zwick is a capable QB, but he can't make the plays that Smith does. The entire offense will run a step slower with Zwick, and that makes Miami's LB's even more of a factor. Ohio State also has Texas on deck, and you can bet your ass that they will be looking ahead, I would not expect to see the entire playbook unveiled vs. Miami. Perhaps the best reason of all to like the Redhawks is that OSU is 1-5 ATS vs the MAC in their last 6 games, the lone cover vs. a very poor 3-9 Kent State team in 2002.

Many may remember last seasons OSU- Marshall game when the Herd played the Bucks very tough but gave up two deep TD passes before falling by only 3 points in a game that Marshall really should have won. I expect a similar dogfight this year and feel that Miami's defense will be good enough to keep them firmly in this game through out.

Miami +16' (Pinnacle)
    It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^
Working...
X