8/13 QB rotations and starter info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/13 QB rotations and starter info

BALTIMORE - (08/12 06:34am) The Sun reports RB Jamal Lewis will travel with the team tonight to Atlanta, but will likely not play in tomorrow night's game. Lewis returned to practice earlier this week, though he has yet to take a live hit. Asked if Lewis will play, HC Billick said, "Probably not. I haven't decided." Billick said receiver Mark Clayton will play about 10-12 snaps.

MIAMI - (08/09 05:11am) The Post reports QB Gus Frerotte is expected to start Saturday vs Jacksonville.

JACKSONVILLE - (08/13 04:35am) The Times-Union reports once the starters depart after about a quarter, the rookies will get a long look.

BUFFALO - (08/12 09:26am) The Democrat & Chronicle reports HC Mularkey said QB J. P. Losman will play into the second quarter against the Colts on Saturday. Since he's a first-time starter in need of work, Losman will see more repetitions in the preseason than a veteran would, but the coaching staff will be careful not to overexpose him to injury. How long would Losman like to play? "As long as it takes to feel comfortable," he said. "I don't want to play an extra amount if I'm doing fine just because I'm young. The coaches will know best."

INDIANAPOLIS - (08/13 02:46am) The Star reports RB Edgerrin James likely will join 20 or more of his teammates as spectators tonight. Injuries will keep 20 players, including seven projected defensive starters, out of action. Personnel decisions by HC Dungy and his staff could add to the list. "We're going to hold some regulars out," Dungy said. "We'll make those decisions when we get to the game. "I doubt that Edgerrin will play." "With the way we're going to break it down, hopefully we can somewhat turn it into four games, especially for the starters," said QB Peyton Manning, who is expected to play one series before turning the offense over to Jim Sorgi and Travis Brown.

DENVER - (08/12 08:37am) The Post reports QB Jake Plummer will guide the Broncos' No. 1 offense for about 10 to 12 plays. Then it will be time for Bradlee Van Pelt to take his first meaningful test as an NFL quarterback.

HOUSTON - (08/13 05:12am) The Chronicle reports HC Capers said after Friday's walk-through that he'll play such starters as QB David Carr, RB Domanick Davis and WR Andre Johnson a couple of series at most tonight. Tony Banks will replace Carr and play the rest of the first half. Dave Ragone and B.J. Symons will play in the second half.

WASHINGTON - (08/13 05:33am) The Post reports QB Jason Cambell is expected to get most of the snaps Saturday vs Carolina. HC Gibbs doesn't plan on telling his starters how much time they will play tomorrow night. Generally early in the preseason, most starters play the first quarter, and reserves play the rest. "I'm always reluctant to say because as soon as you tell them something, they're going to shut it off at that point," Gibbs explained. "I always kind of like to go off feel. I like everybody to think they're going to play the whole game. But, certainly we need a good rhythm to get going on offense. The defensive coaches are going to kind of go by feel over there. [Special teams coach] Danny [Smith] has got a lot of guys he wants to look at. It's an important start for us." RB Clinton Portis will not be exposed too much, given the high risk of injury.

NY GIANTS - (08/12 02:22am) The Post reports Eli Manning and the starters will play the first 12-15 snaps, HC Coughlin said yesterday, before reserves are mixed in. Jesse Palmer will likely take the Giants into halftime. Tim Hasselbeck will take over in the second half. Palmer and Hasselbeck are competing for the backup job. If possible, No. 4 Jared Lorenzen will get some action in the fourth quarter. Coughlin said Tiki Barber and Michael Strahan will start, but receive limited work. It's likely Hasselbeck will be the No. 2 QB next week.

CLEVELAND - (08/13 06:34am) The Plain Dealer reports QB Trent Dilfer will play about one quarter with the rest of the starters. Behind him will be Doug Johnson, and then rookie Charlie Frye and Josh Harris.

OAKLAND - (08/13 03:55am) The Chronicle reports, "There is a group of guys that we're probably going to try to get 15-18 plays," said HC Turner, speaking specifically of WR Randy Moss, RB LaMont Jordan, QB Kerry Collins and most of the offensive and defensive lines. "Some people say a quarter, sometimes it takes more, sometimes it takes less." Moss and Jordan will see limited action as Oakland takes a look at the backups.

SAN FRANCISCO - (08/12 11:28am) The Chronicle reports Alex Smith will start at QB and is expected to play 20-25 snaps before giving way to Tim Rattay, 3rd stringer Ken Dorsey will finish the game.

DALLAS - (08/13 06:51am) The Star-Telegram reports RB Julius Jones will get at least eight carries and possibly as many as 10 in the game.

Thanks Jeff for gathering this info.
    good luck

Comment

Working...
    X