NCAA games of interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA games of interest

Handicappers / insiders please provide your opinions / views on the one or all of the following games.

Utah -3 @ TCU

TCU beats an over rated OU team then gets blind sided by SMU, I lean to Utah here, but think TCU may be out to prove something on national TV. One componet that should be exposed by Utah is that horrible Frog secondary.

Wyoming +2.5 @ Air Force

Wyoming returns a ton of starters from a bowl winning team, however, last years team did not beat a team with a winning record all season. Can AF's running attack roll up the Wyoming D? Can AF's secondary stop the Wyoming air attack? I lean to the Cowboys here.

Arkansas State +25 @ Oklahoma State

When the tears dry up from the laughter let me get your thoughts on this one. OSU has been struggeling to fit into Gundy's new system on O & D. ASU has 7 back on D from last year. I dont see the Indian O putting up much, but I think 10 to 14 will keep them within the number. Reid is startinghis first game and may be pressing a little. Not sure I beleive this play just yet, looking for some insider info and opinions.

Arkansas +31 @ USC

The "other" Arkansas team is playing this weekend too. LOL Arkansas lost to Vandy and this spread reflects that. Be it a look ahead or that Vandy is really better than EVERYONE thought, this is still a legitimate SEC team, SC can whip anyone, however I dont see them winning this by 31. I lean to the Razorback but I can see the another scenario playing out. Leinart, White, Bush & Co. have been waiting all offseason to show the machine off to the home crowd again, it could be all fireworks in the Colliseum. The Hogs will be hard pressed to keep up with what the Trojans can show.

Florida St. +1 @ BC

Need an insiders opinion on this one. Lots of press going BC's way. I'm not sold. This Defense that the 'Nole bring will test the Eagles and I'm not sure they can produce. On the flip, can the "Nole put up any points?

Mississippi St -2.5 @ Tulane @ (Shreveport)

THe Bulldogs have played two games, The Greenwave are still trying to collect their thoughts. Tulane brings back quite a bit though, not sure Miss. St can stop them, are the Greenies going to be playing with the same passion that all the other teams from the Louisiana Boot are playing with (LSU, Saints)? I lean to the Dogs, need some help here though.

Others that raised some attention:

North Texas vs Tulsa

Virginia vs Syracuse

Oregon -2.5 vs Fresno St

Miami -6,5 @ Clemson

Tulsa + 4.5

What' up Buckwin!. Here are some of my thoughts for your last four:

Tulsa + 4.5 = They are not a worst team as a lot of people think, see last two games.
    Syracuse + 8 = Orange men at homefield ( Thing will get ugly)
    Oregon St. - 2.5 = Tough Conferrence for this team- This is time for DUCKs to fly
    Miami Fl -6 = Expecting Huge rebound from Offensive line and shut down Tigers. When you are Lions, you will usually beat the Tigers . Right?.

Good luck!

Sl
    Last edited by shawnl2000; 09-15-2005, 09:30 AM.
    "What you [I]See[/I] It's what you [I]Get[/I] "

Comment

Thanks for posting your thoughts. Looks like you have some good info flowing. I haven't officially played anything this week except the teaser I will mention below. Having a hard time finding the picks I really like.

My opinion on a few of yours:

Like Florida State on the coin flip. Think BC is overrated this year. Will probably play this today myself.

Thursday/Friday games- Have a BAD winning % on these games myself and stay away unless something really jumps out at me. But this is what I just played:

TCU +10.5
      UTEP -5.5 (on a 7pt. tease) for 1 unit.

Good Luck on your plays!

Comment

better look now

Shawn,

Dont know that I'll pull ht etrigger but after a closer look Tulsa looks to be the play there.

Still not sure about playing the Orangemen, my initial feeling is stay with Virginia, maybe buy the hook.

You said Oregon St. but I think you meant Oregon. I'm begining to really buy into this one. Ducks at home, and more talent = win over a good FSU team

Miami - still a very dificult read on how good this Clemson team is. I think A&M has some talent, they could have legitimately blown A&M out had they put it in the end zone, The Tigers are resiliant, winning the the fashion they have recently. Clemson two years ago played great and last year took a season off, does Bowden have this team back playing for real. I choose to watch this one rather than play.

FSU is still my lean, but BC is my evil play. They always beat me, whether I go with or agains them. NIce Teaser, UTEP looks like they might do their part, just had a late start. - 26-24 right now, three minutes ago it was 26 -12

Comment

Up' Buckwin!
          Yeap- I meant Oregon team, not Oregon St. Sometimes, we got to be careful about the names of college teams. There are so many same names add State at the end. I think Oregon Ducks will pull this one off by three. (FG).

Speaking ABOUT Florida St vs BC. I had been gone against Boston College team in last two weeks and I got burned. I think this week I will go along with them. Sometimes, If you can not beat your hated enemy, the best solution is to join them". I will stick with B.C to win again by (FG).

Good luck with all your picks, They seemed are decent!

SI

Comment

Ohhh

I only played some of those games, however, I picked the wrong ones. Took Utah & Arkansas, my only win was with Oregon. Need to stay with my gut, Saturday hurt.

Comment

Opps!
              I got burned again with Boston College this week!. But again I am still like them this week plus 3 @ Clemson. The most hated team for me. I always go against Clemson. No matter whom is their opponent too. By the way, Sorry about your did not played what teams should had winners.

My early pick is Boston College + 2.5 over Clemson Tigers!

Cheers

SI

Comment

Working...
              X