All games in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All games in general

There are so many games out there with NBA and NCAA. I wish more people would talk about more games, instead of just one college bowl game, there are so many NCAA hoops games everynight. I would like to see everyone's insight on different games, besides the game you play with picking a winner of the college bowl games and such.

The purpose here is to make money. Everybody in here has their strenghts and knows which teams and conferences they know best. No need shelling out a bunch of hype or useless info on games that you have no clue about.

I like the Big 12 and Big 10 and follow them the closest-Iowa and Iowa State mostly with a bit of insight on Northenr Iowa and the MVC. Carpet knows the Illini better than the Illini know the Illini. Spang knows the MAC and apparently college totals better than the guys who make the totals. And there is more that I don't have time to mention. Going into conference play, I there is definitley enough resources here to isoloate the good plays not just for the sake of making a play. Being smart and not unloading on games just for the hell of it make money in the long run (I have been on the losing end not having the self-control to limit my plays) but I am finally starting to realize there is money to be made betting smartly.

Anyway, thats my rant and I don't know if thats the kind of response you are looking for as a newer guy here.

Good Luck and feel free to chime in on your Kentucky teams when they play. I know there are a few good mid-majors In Kentucky (Murray State, Eastern Kentucky, Western Kentucky) that have been good bets over the years.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words woodee12
      (regarding my knowledge of the Illini)

And you are correct Spang knows his business...
      There is not a better poster here in winning
      % than Spang, year in year out.....

KYFAN.....You do pose a very good thought and you
      will see this board come alive with college basketball soon.

In my book it all starts Thursday.....

Most players here will post a brief regarding the
      teams that they have played....you will find the
      majority of posters in this site are actually playing
      the teams they pick with bets.... and they
      are kind enough to tell us who and why.....

Welcome aboard KYFAN.........

Carpet

Semper Fi

(P.S. Woodee12 ....still waiting on the Iowa info
      from ya) ....also any info on the CBB contest ??

Comment

thanks woodee and carpet, a bunch.. that was a simple answer i was looking for, i never realized some people only stayed with conferences, and as for kentucky, they screw me everytime, you can't go with them, you can't go against them. last night, a 20 point favorite, almost went into overtime. i guess the reason i like to know about several games is because i'm more of a parlay person, i like the excitement of high odds. do you guys like parlays, or more of just straight bets?

Comment

I don't play too many parlays but if I do, i like the Money line parlays where you can get 2 solid favs (usually home teams), around -220 to -270, to basically make it even money on the parlay. Probably not for you since you said you like the higher odds but an idea.

Good Luck and I look forward to your insight too.

Comment

what do you think about this website: scoresandodds.com ???
            if you click on matchup a green star will indicate who has the edge in covering the spread, and it has lots of other info also. tell me what ya think..

Comment

KY Fan thanks for the link any and all info is appreciated.

I only wish I had a Green Star to alert me to the edge.....

Just kiddin....The site was average at best, difficult
              to navigate for real information....only my opinion....

The place to be just before you pull the trigger on that
              bet is here..... If you have a question, or a thought on any game
              post it up and we will be glad to assist if we can.........

A very strong knowledge base located here at BW and
              they are very humble as they go along pounding the book.

Welcome aboard again KY...hope to see more of your
              contributions....

Carpet

Semper Fi

Comment

hey carpet, not all games have a green star, just ones where the line presents a true edge, or i guess to the person(s) that run the sight. the edge is presented like this: based on their statistics, the figure how much a team should win by. if it's significantly more than the line, they have the edge, say the line is -9, but statistics show they should win by 22,that team definitely has the edge.....so you have to find those games. it is not quite halftime yet of the rose bowl......i think usc's q-back needs to quit concentrating on being a celebrity, and bring his game to the table....he likes the attention more than being good...well he'll find himself in new orleans, not a pleasant town to live in..........i loved texas gettin' 7, day in, day out. ...get at me...

Comment

i rest my case...

Comment

Working...
                  X