X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akron @ Western Mich

0-2 yesterday
    YTD: 46-26

Well, I am firmly in the midst of a 4 day losing streak, so fading me may now be the best option.

Akron @ Western Mich.

Akron is becoming a very good team. They can go 10 deep with little loss of talent, feature a very balanced scoring attack and also benefit from the presence of Romeo Travis who is quite possibly the best all around player in the league. The Zips have also improved greatly on the other side of the ball. They are defending and rebounding much better than they have in the past. Even more impressive is that they have achieved all of this with two expected starters gone. Wood was red-shirted and Bubba Walther left the team. There is also a nice revenge angle on this one for the Zips as WMU knocked the Zips out of the tourney last year with an overtime victory at the Gund.

That said...

Western suddenly got their act together in their blowout victory over BG. While this Bronco squad is not the team that they were last year with the likes of Ben reed and Levi Rost leading the way, they still have a couple of players with Reitz and Snider. In short, taking the Broncos on their own floor is still a challenge in this league.. Now factor in the fact that the Zips are traveling off of just two days rest, while the Broncos have remained at home waiting for them. I see this as a very difficult spot on the schedule for the Zips tonight. While Akron is certainly the better team, the best team does not always win.

I am on Western +3'
    Western +156 ML
    It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Horrible capping, Akron way to talented and poised tonight.

Taking a break for a week or so , I'm a bit burned out
    It doesn't take a zoologist to identify the ass.^^^^

Comment

Tough luck bud. Hang in there...it'll pass.
      Lot's of games on the slate for Wednesday. Can't believe you can't find a coupla winners out there man! Drink a pot of coffee and let's do it!
      Last edited by dragon1952; 01-11-2006, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X