World Cup plays Tuesday 6/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup plays Tuesday 6/13

For now, just one play. I may play one of the other match ups, or, I may wait and play an in progress/live betting play.

But for now :

Brazil over Croatia - Sticking with the same 1st round strategy that has paid off for me thus far. The cream has been rising to the top, which puts even more pressure on Brazil to do the same. They are favored to win the tournament and rightly so.

On top of Brazil being the superior team here, the Croatian team has apparantly been suffering from an unknown virus. So they are REALLY up against it here. (see article below)

I'm playing half of my bet on the moneyline at -257 and half of my bet at -1, -1.5 (-105)

Croatia sickened by virus

Written by: Francisco Barreto
    BAD BRUCKENAU, June 9 (SW) - Just days before opening their World Cup finals odyssey, the Croatian squad is still recovering from the effects of an unidentified virus which has worked its way through the squad, team doctors said.

The Croatians, who are based in Bad Bruckenau, have fallen prey to the undetermined ailment, with Darijo Simic, Ivica Olic, Bosko Balaban, Dado Prso, Stjepan Tomas, Anthony Seric and Joey Didulica all falling ill.

This group has just gotten over the virus, with defender Darijo Srna reporting symptoms of nausea, high fever and headache.

The Croatians open against Brazil on June 13 before meeting Japan on June 18 and Australia four days later.
    Last edited by brink; 06-12-2006, 08:48 PM.

Thanks for the info article Brink. I like Brazil ALOT now! Will not think twice, and give the 1 1/2. Also thinking over 2 1/2 goals could be looking good too, Brazil could score 4 themselves. Smaller plays on Korea and France, but will be sprinkling them around on parlays again. As you mentioned the favs have all been coming thru. Looking ahead, wednesday looks easier yet. BTW, not bragging cause this doesn't happen often, but when Angels finish off the Royals, that will complete 5 parlays for me on the day, total profit +650. Thank you soccer, and HURRICANES.

Comment

I have to quick post again, to get the whammy off me. "IF" the Angels finish off the Royals. After previous post, I go check on game, it was 4-0, top7. Boom, 2run homer by Stairs, and now a double by Costa, 4-2 no outs. So remembered that I said when, thought better fix that hex. Regardless, I have 3 parlays home, but 2 more would be nice.

Comment

Looks like you hung on........congrats

As for the soccer, I'd expect there to be some great underdog opportunities coming up. These games are all tight as it is, so once this round is over, it should be dog city.

It's just that in some of these early games, the difference in class in some of these match ups is huge.

Comment

Thank You Brink. Nice to have days like this once in a while.
          Excellant point about the "class" dominating right now. I'm gonna ride those favs, at least for the next couple of days. Glad to have your perspective, lets make some mo money.

Comment

These are games I like Tuesday

** S.Korea/Togo Over 2 Goals -121
            * Togo pk +140
            * France/Swiss 1st Half Draw +115
            ** Swiss +1 Goal -125
            * Brazil/Croatia 1st Half Draw +140
            * Croatia +1.5 Goals -140

Good Luck

Comment

Starting out a lot like yesterday. Korea comes back, just like Australia did. Had Korea three times, plus the over on another. C'mon big hitters France and Brazil! This soccer stuff is looking too easy, better enjoy while I can. Plus it's nice having betable sports starting at 8am cental

Comment

Working...
              X