Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happended to SGPN-Sports Gaming Players Network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happended to SGPN-Sports Gaming Players Network?

Anyone know what happened to Sports Gaming Players Network at sportsgamingforum.com? Their site has been down for some time now and recent contest winners going back to last football season have not been paid their winnings.
    Last edited by widestrides; 07-24-2006, 09:22 AM. Reason: Better title

I bet the owner cut and ran. He was way behind in contest payouts. No one posted at the site. I still can't figure out how or why he offered the contests. My guess is he split.

Comment

widestrides, have you posted this at any other sites? I'd be interested to hear from others what they think

Comment

No I don't post anywhere else so i haven't been able to check to see if anyone else knows what became of SGPN. Rod, the guy who ran it was a straight shooter. I received winnings for the last two years, even one year when his sponsor bailed on him. He made good on it. But this time he may have gotten over his head when or if some sponsors went south on him. He also was active in gaming politics, so maybe the Feds shut him down. Just guessing here.

Comment

Yeah, he did well to keep it afloat (I don't know how he did it). But I have to believe that losing the sponsors for the football payouts was too much "cash" for him to bear. Not the most graceful exit, but he probably avoided getting berated.

Comment

What a pity!!! Bigmac44 was a wonderful bettor!!! He won all the contests!!!

Do you know where he's posting now?

Comment

Working...
            X