• Show
Clear All

• saturday college football

Best Bets (1-0)(+3.00 units)
    Strong Plays (0-0-1) (even)
    Regular Plays (1-1)(-0.10 units)

Overall (2-1-1)(+2.90 units)

OPINIONS (not included in record) 2-1

Ok, I am happy with that start. You just want to get your feet wet and try and get a feel for things. I would say so far my thinking has been ok. Saturday of course is a huge day. Here we go, win or lose, it just feels good right now to be betting football. I don’t have a lot of trends or stats right now. This early you just go by what you have read, returning starters and things like that. I really rely on gut feelings quit a bit this early on. Not much else to go on.

BYU +6.5 vs Arizona (best bet)…………….BYU is not afraid of anybody. They always seem to play some pretty good team outside of their conference. It is not like Arizona is a monster team who everybody fears. If anything they have been known as underachievers. I know Arizona is going to score some points on BYU tonight, but I feel even more certain that BYU is going to put even more on the board. I am very tempted to play the money line, but I know greed kills in most things in life and that includes gamling. This really has the makings to me of a 35-31 type of game, maybe even higher than that, but I suck at totals and only play them on a Sunday or Monday night game. This one feels real solid to me.

Indiana -6 vs W Michigan (best bet)…………….Maybe I was giving the MAC conference a little too much credit. We will find out Saturday after playing the rest of the big ten teams. If this game were played at W Michigan, they might, I said might have a chance. From what I have read about Indy they might have a decent team at home this year. Games like this are games that a program like Indiana must win if they want their program to move up to the next level. I think they beat W Michigan pretty badly today. I really love this pick. The only thing that scares me is there seems to be a lot of people on them as well. We all know what happens when that happens. Lets see if we learn an early season lesson in football, one the we all already know but don’t abide by often enough.

Virginia +3.5 vs Pittsburgh (strong play)…………Let me start by saying that I am a pitt fan. But, I HATE COACH DAVE WANNSTEDT. He ruined my Miami Dolphins when he was there and now he took a team that had a very good QB in Palko and went to a Jan. 1 bowl game and turned them into losers. As much as I think, or hope he turns them around, he won’t. He turned them into a running team when they are more fit to pass the ball. I really hate coach dave. Have I mentioned that yet? I would not be surprised to see Pitt lose this game outright. Everybody is saying what a down year this will be in Virginia, but I don’t see it that way. They always seem to have a respectable team. I just cannot see either team winning this one by more than three. That makes 3.5 points a winner if all goes as planned.

Stanford +12 vs Oregon (strong play)…………I love the fact that this line went up to 11.5 points. I really like Stanford coach Walt Harris. He turned the Pitt program around and will do the same at stanford. I just feel that this is too many points to give. I really feel this game could go either way. In the opening week of college football there are always games where we say the next day “I cannot believe that not only did they not cover, but they lost the game outright”. This may be one of those games. I am a believer in Walt Harris. Sure Oregon is the better team, but as we all know the better team does not always win, or at least get the money.

Utah +3.5 vs UCLA (strong play)……………I guess I am putting my faith in a lot of what I have read on the internet in this one. Most people think Utah should be the favorite in this one and just about everybody is on them. This reminds me of the BYU/Arizona game a little bit. I think Utah can win, but they will have to outscore them. From what we saw at the end of last year in Utah, they are more than capable of doing that. UCLA does not have a lot coming back either. This is really a toss up, where the hook at the end of the three can come in handy.

Marshall +22 vs West Virginia (regular play)………….WOW! Is this mountaineer team getting a lot of hype. They might even with the national championship, get real, not going to happen. Yes they are a very good team, but they are from a conference which I hate to admit is not very good in the grand scheme of college football. I am even a pitt fan and can admit that. Anything is possible when these two teams play. I think all the hype might have gone to their heads and they are going to find themselves in a battle. I think they are going to have to pull this one out in the fourth quarter. Sure they could completely destroy them, and they might, but I don’t think so. If so, it won’t be the first or last time that I have been wrong. This is gambling you know…..

USC -8 vs Arkansas (regular play)…………Just about everything I have read has Arkansas giving USC a battle and maybe even winning the game. Sure USC lost some great players, but they have talent waiting in the wings. On paper, with everything USC lost and Arkansas has coming back, it would be easy to think there might be an upset. The odds makers did not make USC more than a touchdown favorite for no reason. I really think southern cal is just on a different level than Arkansas. This game might be close for a while, but talent will eventually win out. I say Trojans by 13.

OPINIONS

Akron +17.5 vs Penn State (State might be a little over-rated right now)
    Hawaii +16 vs Alabama (Hawaii can score enough to cover)
    Nebraska -24 vs La Tech (They can name the score here)
    California -2 vs Tennessee (Cal better, even at Tennessee)
    Ohio State -17 vs N Illinois (N Ill get overwhelmed at Ohio State)

I am very happy with my start and feel pretty good about my best bets today. I fully expect another profit at the end of the day. I am not sure about the Sunday games yet. If I play I will be back Sunday morning with those.

Good Luck Everybody!
Working...
X